Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Seat Memory Problem

Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 PM
1st Gear
Default C5 Seat Memory Problem

I have a 99-A6Q with drivers seat memory. Seat memory functions worked fine for 7-years, and today I can't set memory on any number. I can recall with button 2, and 3, but not 1. When I hold the M button and push 2 or 3, the seat moves to position 2 or 3, but won't set to a new position on 2 or 3. Position 1 won't move seat or reset I pulled the switch and opened it up, but didn't see any obvious corrosion, etc.

Is there a diagnostic for the seat memory switch vs the seat memory controller. I found a seat memory switch on ebay for $17.00, but that won't help if it's the controller. Just hoping to get a good diagnosis before starting down the road of one part at a time ebay purchases.

Thanks in advance,
Dan B

Old 05-31-2013, 10:57 AM
1st Gear
Default Same seat memory problem

Same problem, except my memory only works on position 3.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:18 AM
1st Gear

After replacing both the seat memory switch and the seat memory controller, I still have the problem. When I replaced the seat memory switch with a known working one (I saw it work in another car), none of the memory settings or memory storage would function. Additionally I replaced the seat memory module with the new switch, and again no memory setting or storage.

I've been told that replacing the switch and module should be plug and play, so I really don't understand why a new working switch would have no function whatsoever.

There were no error or diagnostic codes stored for seat memory, so there was nothing to reset.

I also tried to move all seat positions to their end points in an attempt to train the system, and again no improvement in function.

I have given up for the moment, and simply have my original switch and module back in the car, as I can still move the seat to positions 2 and 3.

I suspect there are some more complex issues with coding or resetting the seat memory system, but don't want to spend too much time or money continuing to chase it.

I would love to hear if there's someone who has solved the problem, and knows these seat memory coding/resetting procedures.