Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

camshaft position timing belt over advance, (bank 1),

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM
1st Gear
Default camshaft position timing belt over advance, (bank 1),

How do we fix the engine light camshaft position timing belt over advance, (bank 1), I had a mechanic who messed up my car by taking everything out in the front jkust to find an oil leak problem. Could someone have an idea

Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Certified

timing is off. Have to remove the timing belt and set it right

Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audi Tek
timing is off. Have to remove the timing belt and set it right
Thanks,

In the meanwhile since it is a long job, can I drive it like that. It is damaging to the vehicle?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM
2nd Gear

If he didn't even touch the timing belt, this isn't a good sign. I wouldn't drive it for fear that it could further jumping timing and destroy the engine. Well, not destroy it, but badly damage it.

From what I understand, if you're off by a tooth on one of the cams, the car will throw a CEL alerting you of the issue.

You may want to get in contact with the guy who last touched your car and ask him EXACTLY what he did to find this "oil leak" you speak of.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:20 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar
If he didn't even touch the timing belt, this isn't a good sign. I wouldn't drive it for fear that it could further jumping timing and destroy the engine. Well, not destroy it, but badly damage it.

From what I understand, if you're off by a tooth on one of the cams, the car will throw a CEL alerting you of the issue.

You may want to get in contact with the guy who last touched your car and ask him EXACTLY what he did to find this "oil leak" you speak of.
I am taking the guy directly to court. I went to tell him about the problem and he told me too bad for me. I paid him 350 a bill he charged me just to diagnose the problem. I am just look for good article to explain to the clerk magistrate or the judge how bad he damaged my car. Give me help or ideas if you have.
Thanks

Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar

I wonder of the CEL is part of the 2001 A6 computer system. All I had was the engine light that just busted out of my dashboard. I am ******* sueing the guy for incompetence and intentional damage of property.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear

since you need to reset the belt, you should replace it while you are at it.
even if you just replace the belt the belt is cheap.

You need an audi experienced mechanic to do it check around for a good one.
make sure he has the tools to do it. I only do my own and won't let anyone including the dealer near my cars ever again.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jackmup

make sure he has the tools to do it. I only do my own and won't let anyone including the dealer near my cars ever again.
It sounds real my dude. I really wonder where you are located. becaus4e I was wondering if am close to you in location, I can use your help to definitely fix my car

Thanks

Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jackmup

Let me Know please.
Thanks

Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
2nd Gear

New York
But that is a big job my friend and even if you live close by I would only be able to tell you, I'm so busy right now.

what engine is in it?

Quick Reply: camshaft position timing belt over advance, (bank 1),