Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double Din Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 PM
1st Gear
Default Double Din Navigation

My husband owes me a new radio since he ruined the factory radio that came with my 2005 Audi A4. He wants to install either a Kenwood or Clarion. I am more of a simple girl and like things uncomplicated. Can you please tell me what your thoughts are on what new double din we should get? He says "nav" is a must. I say having "matching red lights" is a must. Help me out here guys! Thanks.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:02 AM
3rd Gear

If you're keen on keeping your blushing stereo pigment, then you probably need to go with dealership-installed original replacement (provided your OEM stereo/dvd/navigation double-din had the red-carnival lights).
There are not too many double din options with merry-go-round colors.
Otherwise, there's a plethora of single din stereos with red lights, while the other slot can be filled in with a coin tray. TomTom or Garmin will provide the fat, nagging lady who sings the change of direction.
-
* By the way, even though I'm affraid to say it:
if you refer to your husband as "owing" you a stupid radio that's replaceable, then your marriage may have been a mistake from the beginning.
Signed: Dr. Drew

** This is the A6 forum. Probably you'll get more specific help IF you post in the A4 forum.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chefro
If you're keen on keeping your blushing stereo pigment, then you probably need to go with dealership-installed original replacement (provided your OEM stereo/dvd/navigation double-din had the red-carnival lights).
There are not too many double din options with merry-go-round colors.
Otherwise, there's a plethora of single din stereos with red lights, while the other slot can be filled in with a coin tray. TomTom or Garmin will provide the fat, nagging lady who sings the change of direction.
-
if you refer to your husband as "owing" you a stupid radio that's replaceable, then your marriage may have been a mistake from the beginning.

** This is the A6 forum. Probably you'll get more specific help IF you post in the A4 forum.
Thank you for your recommendations. As for your comment about my marriage... my husband was sitting with me as I posted this message. I am not mad about what happened, it's just a car. We've been saying we "owe" each other because a few days ago I actually dented his truck, so now I "owe" him. It's all in good fun for us. Maybe I should have told my personal life story so you wouldn't have had to judge someone you don't know. We've been together for 18 years, so "Dr. Drew", you should probably watch what you say, stick with the topic at hand, and not make it personal because you have no idea how good my marriage really is.
Signed: Loving Wife

Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

I didn't realize I posted in the A6 forum. I've learned my lesson to stay out.

Last edited by bmcmanus; 03-01-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

I just recently purchased a new Pioneer double din unit for my motorhome and it does offer you the choice of changing the display color to suit you. I got a P3200bt but all of their double dins offer the color change and if you want navigation it can be added.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by chefro
English language is so much fun, isn't it?
I'm guilty as "charged", and also glad that the choice of words was just in good or fun spirits.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:56 AM
1st Gear

LMAO dr drew

clarion and kenwood are good but for what your looking for jvc have the variable color illumination option to match almost every vehicle (i was looking to get one myself but figured i cant afford it) any way its shiny so its not gonna be just like the other plastics in the dash but there isnt any aftermarket gps headunit that would match the dash perfectly unless u modify it yourself... but with the lights matching the other lights in the dash it would blend in pretty good.

check this one out:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...KW-NT3HDT.html