Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have EBC OR FBC Tranny please help!

Old 03-18-2013, 09:17 PM
1st Gear
Angry Do I have EBC OR FBC Tranny please help!

My 01 a6 4.2 n/a is giving me the famous little to no reverse and for the first time went into limp mode today, it drove fine i parked didn't shut the car off put it in park, put it in reverse put it in drive all in the matter of 30 seconds (dont ask what i was doing i was tryna hide myself from someone blah blah not what you think it sounds like).. i wouldnt of known what was wrong if i hadn't searched the web for stuff and read up about that all highlighted gears and car stays in 4th but thats what happened as i tried to drive off and it gave me a huge slam when i went from reverse to drive ive never felt before but also it was in limp mode but i shut it off for like 2 minutes turned it back on drove fine all the way home.. but the reverse things been happeneing for a while and since tonight was the first night i had limp mode im not waiting anymore.. i haven't checked the fluid.. but i doubt it being low or the filer clogged could be the case only problem is reverse and when it's cold and i drive in the morning doing 40kmh as it shifts into 2 or 3 i dont know which it is ill have to check next time but i feel like a little slam not big like i felt when it went into limp mode but like a torque slam.. but i also gave it a little shot of gas then let off probly just as it was switching but yeah, anyways where can i find my tranny code im looking online and the last option for my car is which tranny code ecf or fbc where can i find that? thank you.