Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this look like I'm about to spend a fortune on her?

Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Does this look like I'm about to spend a fortune on her?

It's been 2mths since i bought my 2005 A6 3.2Quattro and at the time of purchase, the car already had a Parking Brake Malfunction light on, so the dealer gave me slice off the car's total price.

As i left the problem as is, new problems began to surface... sometimes as I drive (becoming more frequent nowadays), the ESP malfunction message comes on and the light on the instrument panel stays on as well, and then almost immediately (sometimes doesn't), the "Adaptive Headlight Defective" message comes on also

This could be solved by shutting off the engine for around 5mins and ESP goes through the learning process again and with luck it'll go off... but it's happening more and more frequent now, what do you guys think is the cause and is it a hazzle and costly to fix?

Also, the a/c in the car doesn't blow out cool air anymore. However if you check the car's freon pressure, it's there! So what could this problem be and again, is it costly to fix?! I'll be more than happy to provide additional info if anybody who knows about this problem can share it with me.

Thanks

Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 PM
2nd Gear

Take a look at the TSBs in the library linked below for some possible fixes.

Audi A6 TSB List

Old 09-30-2011, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Kevin
Take a look at the TSBs in the library linked below for some possible fixes.

Audi A6 TSB List
thanks for the information, but I've read it before registering in the forums and couldn't find solutions to anything relating to my car's problems

That's y i made a post to see if anybody with same experience would tell me what really happened

Old 10-03-2011, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

Nobody knows about this?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear

Too new for us.

The adaptive headlight error is a common problem that we C5 owners solve by pulling fuse #10. Look on your fuse panel for the adaptive headlight control or range control and try pulling that fuse.

The brake error is most likely a bad wheel sensor.

Get a VAG-COM and read the codes then, if the problem isn't apparant, we might be able to be more help.

Bob

Old 10-04-2011, 04:21 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bob martin
Too new for us.

The adaptive headlight error is a common problem that we C5 owners solve by pulling fuse #10. Look on your fuse panel for the adaptive headlight control or range control and try pulling that fuse.

The brake error is most likely a bad wheel sensor.

Get a VAG-COM and read the codes then, if the problem isn't apparant, we might be able to be more help.

Bob
Thanks for your reply Bob,

The fuse pulling trick seems very easy to do by myself, but I just wanna know if pulling the fuse disables the adaptive system at all?

I guess i'm gonna give it a try regardless cuz the "beeps" during a calm relaxing drive is just annoying.

Thx again

Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

I have an 05 3.2Q as well and just experienced the adaptive headlight defective message and the ESP malfunction all in one day. These do seem to be related. Fuse 10 is listed as unused and is indeed missing. Does anyone know of a solution? Thanks do much!!