Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drivers side power seat module with memory

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:14 PM
1st Gear
Arrow drivers side power seat module with memory

Last week we had heavy rains for several days, and the GF tells me the floor is wet... I Shop-Vac'ed a lot of water out and then ran a big fan for several days to dry out the floor.
I think the sunroof was not closed - and the drains are clear, as is the one under the heater plenum. When we got the car, tons of scrubbing and many gallons of water and high pressure, we never got a drop inside.

Now:

Driver seat wont drive, by memory or with the switch.
I found two bolts at the front that let me tip the sat back to access the connectors and the memory module.
I cannot move the seat so that I could drive it if I needed to. The GF usually drives it.

Following the Bentley troubleshooting, it seems my module has also died.

A) Where can I find a used/refurbished one at a reasonable price.
1) AND could I replace it with a supposedly cheaper NON-memory unit?
2) OR better, does anyone have a clue what goes bad in them - before I start prying it apart. Assuming wherever I get one from, I will need to send this one back unmolested.

Any thoughts????
Steve

Old 10-06-2011, 05:47 PM
2nd Gear

That is not an item I have ever heard of going bad.

A non-memory unit is a bolt in installation. But, your seat should work independent of the memory unit. If it doesn't, you have bigger issues. I would start with checking fuses as one may have blown...

Good luck,

Bob

Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

The circuit breakers are good, power gets past the memory buttons and the manual switch and through the power relay and gets too the yellow and red connectors on the module but once connected, its a no go, tap a test point and move the switch as instructed...
this is the last small section, I'm not going to try and copy more:
E1

Repeat procedure on connector -C-, terminals 2, 4, and operate seat switch in following sequence: Backrest forward (green connector, terminal 2) Backrest backward (green connector, terminal 4) Must all read approximately 12 volts
One or more specified values NOT OK Specified values OK

Replace seat memory control module

While I haven't found many failures, I have read of a few, but fewer results or details on where a part was obtained. Most of the posts are related to HOW to get the seat out or moved to do any trouble shooting.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 PM
1st Gear

I got a used module off ebay, supposedly working.But it behaves the same way.
Nothing happens when the switch is tried, but when a programed memory button is pressed, the power relay is energized.
In the original module, 3 buttons are programed. In the replacement module, only button #2 is programed.

Still can't get the seat out since I can't move it.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Possible

Originally Posted by jeepsteve92xj
I got a used module off ebay, supposedly working.But it behaves the same way.
Nothing happens when the switch is tried, but when a programed memory button is pressed, the power relay is energized.
In the original module, 3 buttons are programed. In the replacement module, only button #2 is programed.

Still can't get the seat out since I can't move it.

I have the exact same problem, I had some water damage as well... I was able to go in with a trox bit and universal adapter to get the two bolts out that will release the seat from the rail/guides.

This allowed me to tilt back the seat and get to the other two, completely removing the seat thereafter.

I am getting power from the main harness, but nothing when I move the switches. I went as far as replacing the seats with other ones i got off ebay, but now I still have no recognition on the VAGcom (wont connect/cant find the module)

Please let me know if you have any update or have solved the issue.

Cheers