Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:55 PM
1st Gear
Default First Road Trip

We took our first road trip with our new A6... The good The Bad and the Ugly.

Good- outstanding gas mileage averaging over 32 mpg. My sister only gets about 28 mpg highway with her Hyundai Tucson which ride horrible.

Comfort supreme. After 11 hrs in the saddle no fatigue. A real pleasure to drive on the highway.

Great handling and acceleration and driving in the NE you need that.

The Bad- well kind of but not all that bad. The cup holders were not designed very well. They are too close to the arm rest for most any drink other than a soda can. The tension tabs are way too strong (tight) for any type of paper
cup. Even Starbucks coffee did not sit well because in trying to remove the cup the lid would always pop off. I just don't understand why the made the springs so tight.

Could not figure out how to reset the master trip meeter but did not reference the manual. Still learning all the features of the MMI

Google GPS... not impressed at all. It was coming up with some crazy routes. I knew where I was going but using the GPS to track time and see what was at each exit. My route was mostly on I-81 for the most part but it did not want me to stay on I-81 all the way. Also tried to use the Voice to enter an address and it actually selected a totally different State. Will have to play with this more. Guess I will have to put my Garmin in my glove box!

The Ugly- Nothing really. Love this Audi A6

Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

PS- there are a lot of BMW drivers in the NE and I confirmed again most of them are rude and obnoxious. They think they own the road but they don't.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

Nice.....make sure you don't spill anything in the MMI it's not warrantied if you do. They should since they designed the cup holder to be so close to it. I don't like how tight it is either.

You may be interested in APR's stage II. I did it in mine any much more power and much better economy as long as I can learn to keep my foot out of it.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 AM
1st Gear

I plan on getting some nice alum drink holders that fit to avoid spills as it is just a matter of time before that happens.

Since I gave up my Corvette for the A6 I would enjoy as much power as possible but I do enjoy the excellent MPG. Will look into the APR Stage II and see what it is.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:51 AM
1st Gear

I would appreciate you posting any pics retrofit cup holders you do. Sounds like a very well worthy idea to change them out

Been averaging 41mpg at 75 mph (freeway driving) and about 33 all around with in town driving.