Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog lights as daytime running lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:05 AM
RGT
1st Gear
Default Fog lights as daytime running lights

I have an '02 that was bought in the US and then brought to Canada for a couple of years, to pass Canada's inspection it needed to have daytime running lights so the dealer made changes so that the lower front fog lights would come on when the car was running and then turn off when the headlights were in use. I now have the car in Belgium and have to have rear fog lights, which I do but they work opposite the way they are supposed to. With the headlights on in the normal position my rear fog lights are on bright, if I click the headlight switch one position to the right they dim so as to appear as normal running lights, when I turn the headlight switch to the second position to the right which should turn on the rear fog lights they turn off. (I am just figuring this out now as I have never used them or thought about them) I actually got pulled over in the states last year by a cop who thought my inner rear running lights were too bright, I did not pay much attention to it and just assumed I was being pulled over for having out of states plates, turns out he was right. I have a feeling they are going to give me a hard time when I get inspected and would like to correct this isssue I am hoping someone here may have experience with this or may has done enough trouble shooting of the headlight system to guide me in the right direction...I did not own the car when it was in Canada so have no idea what they did at the time to make this change
Thank you,
Roger

Old 10-31-2012, 03:21 PM
RGT
1st Gear

does anyone know if the fog lights are run through relays? and if so where might they be?

Thank you