Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foot getting burnt and boiling sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:45 PM
1st Gear
Angry Foot getting burnt and boiling sound

Hey guys. I encountered something the other day that almost made myself think I was becoming mentally unstable. I was driving back to work from a job and after rounding a bend (at normal driving speed and normal dry conditions), I got an unbelievable pain in my foot while on the gas pedal. I mean, I though I magically broke my pinky toe. I kind of ignored it until I got back to my office and realized my foot was bright red. I started to notice a sloshing sound as well. I am not sure exactly what is going on, but I believe I am being burnt by either steam, or hot water while turning. I havent been able to tell if it occurs on the passenger side yet. I did notice though, if I run my AC through the foot wells, I do not get this burning sensation.

I am a little concerned about this since my girlfriend periodically drives my car. We generally use our trailblazer for carrying our 4 month old, but I do have a seat for him in my car as well. She always wears flip flops so I can imagine she will be screaming if it stung my foot with a sock and shoe.

Any suggestions on where to begin?

Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear

Cracked heater core seems to be the case. When they go, they tend to leak into the cabin.

Verify your coolant level in the overflow tank. If it's low, then you're probably experiencing coolant loss through the heater core.