gti 1.8t vs a6 2.7t - Page 2 - AudiForums.com
AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
Search

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
2nd Gear

Send a message via AIM to joetm

wow ^^ a little harsh ... I think my k03s spool a lot sooner then 4k id say they spool at 2k but boost is accounted for from 2500 -5500... ive heard k04s spooling at 1400rpm which is sick ... i cant wait till i get mine in a month!!

1800watt MTX amp
12'' MTX Sledgehammer Sub
Used to have:
2002 a6 2.7t s-line / GIAC / REMUS / AWE-Tuning s-flo intake / Forge splitter DVs / vast stage 3 tip chip /vast piggies / obx manifolds / samco tbb / 19''x8'' MMR wheels
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM
3rd Gear

K04s are bigger than K03s. And for stock, unmodified turbos, K03s spool quicker than K04s.
Mods - Was chipped, but not now... Was using K&N, but not now...
Repairs - Too many to list! And you wonder why I still drive an Audi So I don't drive one now.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

I’m amazed endlessly how often and often the purpose of having an Audi is stated as to be to beat some “other” car drag racing where the power is everything!

I firmly believe this is a grave misperception and great misusage of an Audi.
Audi is to perform in areas as handling – performance and safety, fun driving under risky conditions and roads. I keep my A62.7 mostly for winter driving, where I believe is her strength.

Of course, to exploit car’s potential requires specific skills and courage, but this is another topic…

Anybody having negative experience racing on a slippery, curvy road?

Last edited by nemohm; 08-08-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

Send a message via AIM to joetm

even w rs4 ecu tune... ive driven an s4 and an a6 with k04s and they spooled way faster then k03s?!?

1800watt MTX amp
12'' MTX Sledgehammer Sub
Used to have:
2002 a6 2.7t s-line / GIAC / REMUS / AWE-Tuning s-flo intake / Forge splitter DVs / vast stage 3 tip chip /vast piggies / obx manifolds / samco tbb / 19''x8'' MMR wheels
Old 08-08-2008, 03:04 PM
2nd Gear

hx thanks for the help, now I understand a little more about our turbo set up. Why do people believe you need to replace both turbos when one goes out? jw
Old 08-08-2008, 04:39 PM
2nd Gear

Because turbos are sold in sets (as shoes, or spark plugs).

(Just kidding)
Old 08-08-2008, 05:02 PM

Mr nemohm, i have been reading alot of your articles and i must coment that you do come across as a little rude,i do believe you do not mean to.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:25 PM
2nd Gear

nemohm just epicly failed with that comment.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:55 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelh305 View Post
Also maybe your MAF Sensor. try unplugging the MAF ride down the road and if it feels good with no hesitation go home and plug back in the MAF and take it for another ride again if it hesitates it is probably your MAF

Yeah, do this if you want to throw a code and trigger your CEL, DUHHHH...

In other words, DON'T do this.

Just take the MAF out while your car is OFF and clean it with electronic parts cleaner (rubbing alcohol in a spray can) and put it back in. No problems, no CEL.

02 A4 1.8T Quattro Manual IF YOU CAN HEAR ME SCREAMING AT YOU DUE TO CAPS, LET ME KNOW CAUSE I WANT THE SAME DRUGS YOU'RE ON
Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo_Ottawa View Post

Just take the MAF out while your car is OFF and clean it with electronic parts cleaner (rubbing alcohol in a spray can) and put it back in. No problems, no CEL.
You might have a leak that is making the car do that aswell... I thought it was my MAF when my car would hesitate and stall out. Replaced the MAF, the plug ect under warrenty. It ended up being a leak sadly. Ohh and yah the MAF should throw a code if it has problems.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Pablo_Ottawa View Post

I was under the impression that he has already threw a CEL. So if it is already tripped yeas you can do this. Oh and another thing is you can clear your codes fairly easily. You may also have a vacuum leak there is a way to test this. When i find the link I will post it. So Pablo if it is hesitating like he said theres probably a very good chance his CEL is already on!

2000 A6 2.7t Quattro, 17" Black A4 Wheels, Upgraded TBB, Tinted rear light, Many Upgrades to come, Just getting started
Old 08-09-2008, 06:15 PM
3rd Gear

Actually a simple way of seeing if your MAF sensor is bad is to run the car while disconnecting the MAF sensor wiring. Many times than not, the car runs better without the MAF wiring plugged in, if the sensor is bad.
Mods - Was chipped, but not now... Was using K&N, but not now...
Repairs - Too many to list! And you wonder why I still drive an Audi So I don't drive one now.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:13 PM
1st Gear

Wammy, I am not certain why you feel the need to utter threats and wish me harm. Not once in this post have I directed a single comment towards you. I just find it funny when the old discussion of which turbo will spool first comes up. In order to answer that we need to know all sorts of other data, exhaust system, fueling, intake. Turbos spool from exhaust pressure, so the faster you can build exhaust pressure the faster you can spool a turbo. Try to keep your personal dislike for me out of the forum. we are all adults, lets act like it.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 PM

my car only does it sometimes though.. thats what gets me.. sometimes it will pull great.. other imes it will start to pull then just lose all power or boost.. and other times it will spudder.. its crazy like it just does what it wants whenever.. its hard for me to tell what it is.. i am thinking DV's though
Old 08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

can you run any logs on it, best way to tell what's going on, do you notice if the outdoor temp. has any effect on things, could just be ECU pulling timing and boost due to high IAT's

Tags
18t, 2001, 27t, a6, audi, chipped, forge, gti, hissing, hoses, jetta, mile, mod, n75, samco