Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help w/Homelink Garage Door Opener

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Default Help w/Homelink Garage Door Opener

I'm having difficulty making the homelink transmitter in my '04 A6 work...I have a roaming Garage Door Opener and have followed the directions in the owner's manual but can't make it work. I have an '04 E320 and '04 Touareg which both work fine and were set up fairly easily. Anyone have any tips/techniques or advice?

Many Thanks.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:29 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Help w/Homelink Garage Door Opener

I had to re-program my Audi the other day when I accidentally cleared the settings on one of my garages. It uses the roaming code, too.

Going from memory, I believe I 1) pressed the Homelink button I wanted to program, 2) climbed up on a stepladder and pressed the "SRT" or learn button on the garage door opener, then hustled back down the ladder and 3) pressed the Homelink button again.

I have a Sears door opener that's about 10 years old.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:54 PM
1st Gear

I was able to program number 3, but number 1 wasn't working. I am going to try it again tonight.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

Theres probably a previous code stored under memory 1. Clear the codes and start over. You should be fine after that.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:29 PM
3rd Gear

I used number 1 and 3 for my two doors. Never used 2. If you need instructions on how to clear the unit, I won't be home until the weekend and don't have access to my A6, but someone else can provide the steps if you need them.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:23 AM
1st Gear

huh, this is something that i've tried and tried again and have still yet to have any luck with. my primary garage door connected to my house isn't a rolling code opener, so syncing that up was fast. my other garage door though is a rolling code opener and i've never had any luck at all programming it to my audi's homelink system. i've even gone to homelink'swebsite to search out other possible programming instructions but to no avail. i'll go out and play with it again and see if i can get it to work, and if i do, i'll post back on here for you and let you know what i did if you don't have it figured out already.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM
1st Gear

I cleared all the programs and tried again this is what happened:

First of all, I have 2 openers same model. I first tried with the learn button on the opener and it did nothing. I then tried with the remote and it now opens BOTH openers LOL. I only used the 1 remote on my side, so that one is a head scratcher. Obviously, I don't want both doors to open so I lost patience, and cleared the codes again. If I get ambitious I will give it another go, but for now, it's the remote for me.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 PM

I used this http://www.homelink.com/training/train.tafand it worked great. Took about 10 minutes.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:14 PM

Also, use the instructions that have you "program for the first time.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: dmrdennie

I used this http://www.homelink.com/training/train.tafand it worked great. Took about 10 minutes.
huh, maybe it's just my stupid garage door, because i went through those backwards and forwards and even used the canadian version for the "cycling" procedure and it didn't do a dang thing for me except get me wet from the rain.

Quick Reply: Help w/Homelink Garage Door Opener