Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior vibration in Drive Mode while idling- Audi A6 C6, 2.0 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 03:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Interior vibration in Drive Mode while idling- Audi A6 C6, 2.0 TDI

Hi guys,

I've noticed the following problem: When I'm in drive mode and stationing the car is starting to have a vibration which is kind of annoying. If I switch to Neutral the vibration stops. Also, when taking off the brake pedal and the car begin moving, the vibration stops.

I took the car to a diagnose at Audi Service and no fault was discovered on the tester.

Does anybody had the same problem? What it could be?

thanks,
Adrian

Old 01-18-2014, 01:28 AM
1st Gear

Hi Guys,
First of all, sorry for such a big post, but I need your advice.

Really funny and said story in the same time, that was happened to me. Check this out!

Long story short, I bought my car from Germany, from an official dealer. I took it at 114.000km.

Before I bought it, my first questions to the dealer: Did this car had some repairs at Gearbox or major engine intervention?. He assured me : “NOT AT ALL, only the rear bumper was repainted. So, I was fine with that.
Being my first automatic gearbox, I didn’t know what to expect from the gearbox. I made a test drive before, but very short. So, after 2 days since I return home in Romania, I start to notice a small interior vibration while I was at red light in Drive Mode. So I put the car in Neutral and the car stopped vibrating. I thought that this is normal for a transmission like this, being a minor vibration. After some time, while I was driving with a friend who is very familiar with automatics , he saw me put in Neutral the gearbox waiting at a red light. I explained why I did that(to avoid vibrating) and he told me: THAT’S NOT RIGHT AT ALL! THE GEARBOX HAS SOMETHING WRONG!
I replaced the oil at 138.000km. The vibration continued and after a while, a had that really nice message on my board computer: Gearbox Malfunction! You can continue driving.

I started to discuss with the dealer, I told him that it’s not normal, for a car that has 139.000km the gearbox to fail. After a week of e-mails he told me, I can come with my car back in Germany, have it inspected and they will try to fix it on warranty with only one condition! If they discover that I didn’t follow the service manual maintenance, Audi will not cover any costs.
When I heard this, seems to be fair, but I remember that my gearbox oil was replaced at 138.000km, not 120.000 like in the manual so I was really disappointed that I forgot this.

Next morning I had a schedule on a local Audi dealer from home(Romania) to have another computer diagnosis over my gearbox.And now the funny part begin!

Looking carefully in the car history he told me: It’s strange, you know that this is THE SECOND GEARBOX ON YOUR CAR RIGHT??? I was shocked to hear this. Yes, this second one, was fully replaced at 106.000km, so just before I bought my car. An now, after just 35.000km, it’s broken again…

The good news, is technically, this new gearbox has a warranty, but I was shocked to find out this, even though the dealer assured me before that was no repair work or hard maintenance to the gearbox.
My question to you all is, What can I do now?
- Repair the Gearbox (Which I don’t want, considering it has 35.000km)
- Replace the Gearbox( they will not replace it, they said that will try to repair it)
- Replace My car(loosing a lot of money)

I feel that I was mugged or tricked by the dealer…What are my solutions?