Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought the audi. Just broke todayt

Old 12-27-2006, 02:19 AM
1st Gear
Default Just bought the audi. Just broke todayt

ok this is so disappointing. I just bought the audi a6 2.8 i said i would like no more than a week ago and it already broke.

This is what happened.

I drove to the gas station, i had really low amount of gas, it said about 10 miles left on the computer thing. I filled up my car with about $5 worth of 93 gas and that was about 2 gallons. I went back in the car, and BAM it doesnt start. It keeps making that noise and that yellow check engine light goes on. Then i keep trying it does turn on but the check engine light is still on and like the car like sputters and stuff and it begins reeking of gas. So i turn it off right away and try again giving it some gas. Still the engine sounds like its working badly. I turn it off again and then just call my brother. He comes fills the car up with alot more gas, tries again and same thing. So he just tells me he thinks the gas pump isnt working right or it may even be a coil pack. He drives it back to our house which is no more than 2 miles away from the gas station. So as of now its still not working.

What do you think it is.. im so sad, I still have to pay off the car and its already breaking down. Also how much do you think it will cost to fix?

Oh yeah and the car almost has 96,000 miles on it

Old 12-27-2006, 03:10 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Just bought the audi. Just broke todayt

Maybe running the tank low, then filling it up clogged the sock on the bottom of the pickup (assuming Audis have them) with crap, although your tank is probably clean. Maybe your fuel filter plugged. Do a fuel pressure test. Do you have Vag-com? If not find someone in your area to pull the codes for you. This is probably a small problem, if the car ran fine before putting gas in, then it won't be a big deal. Now of course this is just my opinion so you decide its worth.

When you pull the codes, write them down, clear them and see if they come back, and post them here. Is the gas cap tight? Is the seal on the gas cap bad? I know if the cap is off, the car doesn't want to start since it needs to pressurize the tank, so maybe if it leaks at a rate just enough to partially pressurize the tank, the car will barely run...maybe...

Best of luck, Jeff

Old 12-27-2006, 06:55 PM
1st Gear

hmmm today its working fine!

Old 12-27-2006, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

did you spend the other 15$ on marijuana before you went to the gas station?

Old 12-27-2006, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

no lol i havent smoke any in a looong time

Old 12-27-2006, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: blkapra4

did you spend the other 15$ on marijuana before you went to the gas station?
thanks that got a GOOD laugh.......

Old 12-27-2006, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

Make sure you tighten the gas cap properly. That can cause a CEL on some cars...

Old 12-29-2006, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

onboard fuel vapor recovery system is malfunctioning. more than likely raw fuel got dumped into the evap system. every time the evap purge valve opens you dump fuel instead of vapors causing it to stall out. you'll need a new fuel tank neck and a charcoal canister to prevent this from happening everytime you fill up