Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyfob is playing up! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 04:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Keyfob is playing up! Please help!

Hello people,
I am the new proud owner of a new Audi A6 but have a little problem which is annoying me.

I only have one key, its a flip key.

When I press the unlock key on my fob, the fog light comes on. When I press the lock the interior light comes on. It does not unlock the car or unlock the car.

Now I read some things on the forums and pressed and held the unlock key while turning key in ignition and not sure what I actually did but the car made a loud BEEP noise, and the indicators flashed and then the fob worked as it should, locks and unlocks.

Only problem was every time I opened car and went to start it, it would BEEP four times (long beeps) while flashing a logo of a orange key and a lock on the small screen that shows mileage, etc.

Now I tried doing above again and it now still beeps and shows key logo but no longer unlocks the car, and just turns on fog lights.

I have no idea what I am doing, but any help would be grateful.

All I want is a key fob that unlocks and locks door and no more annoying beep.
Can not find anything on the internet that shows what that logo of the key and lock mean.

Any ideas?
J