Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new 00 a6 2.7t...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 05:16 PM
1st Gear
Default new 00 a6 2.7t...

Hello,
Ive been lurking for sometime and wanted to introduce myself and my car. I just got a 00 2.7t a6 and am in the process of doing a few repairs. I bought it knowing it needed the torque converter replaced and have an appointment to take it to 517 trans in the morning. It's exciting to know itll be setup and repaired by someone who appreciates and understands these cars. (I talked to several people before deciding to go with 517... Heard get rid of it more than once lol ) My relationship with this car is becoming a love hate type of thing right of the bat... I rewired the pioneer dvd unit the po installed and forgot to latch the hood after several hours of working on it and proceeded to smash the hood into the windshield shortly after hitting 45mph. Doh... Girlfriend was frazzled to say the least and my hood was TRASHED. My car is cashmere grey and from long island to north Carolina I couldn't find a parts car to match. Finally found the car in jersey city and 500$ later id installed a bumper and hood that matches my car 100%. I Will post pics as soon as Ive got enough posts to do so of the damage and my car. Id like to thank the guys here as with tis one and my previous audi ( 97 a6 avant ) the articles and discussions are instrumental in keeping it running!

Attached Thumbnails new 00 a6 2.7t...-20140830_120217%5B1%5D.jpg   new 00 a6 2.7t...-20140830_214817%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 09-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Welcome and at least you're already familiar with the love-hate aspect to ownership. Being ok with that will serve you well

Old 09-04-2014, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

Yep... Living with the avant with over 200k on it really taught me about audi and the detail that is put into the design. Its a special thing and requires a certain type of person to be in tune with it ( or money... ) The transmission shop contacted me yesterday and gave an update after running vag on it and pulling the pan. The transmission itself shows to be in ok shape leaving the torque converter replacement and the valve body mod as well. I cant wait to get the word to go pick it up and drive the thing again. Ill update the experience with the shop and how the car drives and drove before hand even thou its been covered before