Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2013 A6, some comments.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:40 PM
1st Gear
Default New 2013 A6, some comments.

Hi Guys First post, recently got the 2013 Audi A6 2.0 Premium Plus, phantom pearl black on black.

Couple regrets, wish I had gotten 3.0 instead of 2.0, and silver instead of wood grain inlays......not too of a big deal, still pushing 258 lb of torque with 2.0...

Considering putting the stasis exhaust in there to boost up the hp and torque..

Only complaint so far on the car so far would be quite minor, but still an annoyance.... the media interface which reads the SD cards does not scroll across the entire song title or file title, so, you can not see the end of the song titles or the entire song title until the song is actually played.... for example, long artist names with something like ARMIN VAN BUUREN FEAT. will only read that! not a big deal, software problem, not a car problem.

People and numerous reviews have reported that the steering feels a bit unnatural, but even after driving a mercedes e class, 5 series,porsche cayman, numerous japanese cars, I don't really notice it. Perhaps on the "Comfort" mode the steering is a bit loose, but the nature of its electro-mechanical mechanism allows the car to easily turn on corners without much effort. Also reports that it is harder to "steer" the car back straight and keep it straight compared to traditional hydraulic steering...didn't notice too much a difference either.

Anybody else have any experiences?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
1st Gear
Default 2013 A6 3.0 - Great Car with Lose Steering

I just took delivery March 1, 2013 on a A6 3.0 premium plus. No experience with SD cards yet.

The 3.0 engine seems to have lots of power, with very little delay winding up.

The only significant problem is the steering. Seems to have about 3/8 inch play in steering, which causes the car to drift about the lane at highway speeds. It is easily corrected by making slight adjustments every 3 to 6 seconds, throughout the trip. I just returned from a 1,100 mile trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco, up the I-5 and the constant adjustments caused unreasonable stress. Even the wife complained about getting a cramped hand after a couple of hours driving, making these constant adjustments. Also, I am concerned it would appear that we were drunk or on drugs from behind, as the car wandered about the lane.

Dealer said nothing was wrong, but I am pushing for a fix. Dealer is consulting factory.

Be aware, in the last 5 years I have purchased an Audi S4, S5, Q5 and none had lose steering like this.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:49 PM
1st Gear

There is a known issue with the steering racks that are electro-mechanical having a slight play in them, this is not normal and the first step is to replace the steering rack, even if the car only has 70 miles on it. If that doesn't correct the concern then it becomes tricky because its a 50/50 chance the rack will fix it and not the dynamic steering motor, if equipped, or a future software upgrade that hasnt been released, etc.... Either way your dealer should at least attempt a new steering rack.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 AM
1st Gear
Default Update from 2013 A6 steering problem

After the dealer insisted my steering problem was due to the 20" Sport Package wheels and tires, I allowed them to swap a set of standard 18" 245/45 wheels and tires, for a test drive.
I found the standard wheels and tires produced less wandering of the steering on the highway. Since I could not demonstrate a continuing problem, I agreed to a purchase adjustment and retained the standard wheels and tires.
I still believe the problem persists, but it is less noticeable. I believe my dealer did the best they could for me. This experience has killed my love for the Audi brand, and I consider Audi just another General Motors in spirit.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM
1st Gear
Old 04-12-2013, 05:03 PM
3rd Gear

Is technology spoiling us or what? Complaining about song titles being truncated on the display. I remember having to add an FM converter to the AM radio in my 66 Buick Skylark. It does sound like there are a lot of new features over the past 10 years, but what keeps me from considering an A6 is that it only comes with the tip. I think I have to buy an A4/S4 to get my MT6. One other flippant comment -- with over 216k miles, I can still take my hands off the wheel on the highway and it will track straight for 1-2 tenths of a mile. Sometimes old school is better, but I wish you good luck with your new rides.