Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil In My Lower Boost Tube

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Oil In My Lower Boost Tube

While I was installing my new Aux. water pump relocation kit, I had to remove the rubber section of hose that connects to the inner-cooler on the underside of the engine. When I pulled it loose a little engine oil came spilling out: just about enough make a few quarter sized oil spots on the driveway.

I have seen that euro turbo diesels tend to have about this much oil in the boost/intake system as a course of normal operation, with no need to worry.

Is this normal for my 2.7T engine as well?

- '01 A6 2.7L

Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Boojie_007
While I was installing my new Aux. water pump relocation kit, I had to remove the rubber section of hose that connects to the inner-cooler on the underside of the engine. When I pulled it loose a little engine oil came spilling out: just about enough make a few quarter sized oil spots on the driveway.

I have seen that euro turbo diesels tend to have about this much oil in the boost/intake system as a course of normal operation, with no need to worry.

Is this normal for my 2.7T engine as well?

- '01 A6 2.7L
Normal all depends on measurements. Some quarter size I take it you mean 2 spots then yea it's ok. There will be some blowby. It can be a early signal the turbos are ready to rest or it could be from faulty pcv. Most of the time it's the pcv. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Drive it a month and recheck. If the same amount comes back you may have a problem given your Pcv is working as designed.