Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1411 & P1423 codes

Old 04-26-2010, 05:58 PM
1st Gear
Default P1411 & P1423 codes

What are these codes.
For the last 3 months, every 30 days the check engine light comes on, I get these same codes, I erase them, and 30 days later they come back.
Is this a scam to get you to bring the car to the dealer so they can then find something that you "need fixed" so they can make money?
Just seems odd that they come back every 30 days. Mileage has varied over the period so I don't think they are mileage driven.
Myt code scanner says the codes are Manufacturer specific and does not tell me what they are.
Thanks in advance for any info,
Kurt
2000 A-6 2.7 Turbo
114K miles

Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

secondary air injection problem

P1411 is for bank 2 P1423 is bank 1

If its intermittent you probably just have a leak somewhere. Vacuum lines, or in the line between the air injection pump and valve

Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 PM
1st Gear
Default CEL Codes

Hi, I agree with 02A6Beau...

Sounds like either a leak in your air injection hose or possibly a secondary air injection pump that is only working sometimes and is on the verge of failing completely. I replaced the secondary air injection pump on my 03 2.7T when it had only 59k miles. These were the same codes I was getting prior to replacing it. If you listen carefully on cold starts....you should be able to hear the pump as it activates. Its located on the top if the engine at the left rear. Right rear if you're facing the car head on. The pumps on these cars fail somewhat regularly, escpecially if you live in a climate with high humidity or clean the engine bay with water. Good Luck with it

Old 04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
3rd Gear

Kurt -- you could have just done a search on the RossTech site and they would tell you what the codes meant.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NH_USA
Kurt -- you could have just done a search on the RossTech site and they would tell you what the codes meant.
I did not realize that , I figured I would do some poking before I posted codes from me step mom A4 that I should have tomorrow...

I haven't been there yet, is it thorough? by that I mean, they give you the prescriptions to make the repairs as well?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:53 AM
3rd Gear

They tell you what the codes mean - Sometimes there is more than one fix so you have to figure it out by yourself.

Remember working on an Audi is not for the faint of heart or people without money and patience. Audis are complicated and tempermental.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NH_USA
They tell you what the codes mean - Sometimes there is more than one fix so you have to figure it out by yourself.

Remember working on an Audi is not for the faint of heart or people without money and patience. Audis are complicated and tempermental.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

I never heard of Ross Tech site.

The comment about getting water in the engine got me as I recently lightly misted the engine to clean it.
I may have damage the pump by that action.
How much do they cost and are they easy to replace?
Kurt

Old 04-27-2010, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

Since this Audi is my wife's car, I think it will be time to get rid of it soon as I need something that doens't freak he rout.
She panicks everytime that damn "check engine " light comes on.
2 months ago it cost me $3,000.00 to get the light to turn off and get a state inspection sticker.
This car is babied and cared for very well and looks and runs like new but this idiot light is getting ridiculous and straining the marriage.
My Benz & Corvette combined don't need this much care.
Even the 2007 Caravan we have (which I hate) is less trouble; but the Audi sure does keep up with traffic in a spritely manner.
Kurt
Kurt

Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 PM
1st Gear
Default CEL Light

Hi Again,

If it is the secondary air pump that is the cause of your CEL...they are not cheap. I did some shopping around before replacing mine and new ones range from $350 to $450. I bought mine used with a 90 day warranty off of EBAY from a salvaged A6 for $140 including shipping. Its been on the car now for about 6 months and has worked perfectly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P1411 & P1423 codes