Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power mirror switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:22 AM
1st Gear
Default power mirror switch

I would like to know how difficult it is to replace the power mirror on a 99 A6. Do i have to take appart the center console or just push out the old one and reconect the new one ?
I dont want to scratch or brake anything.
Also my cd changer quit working. I am getting power to the unit but the radio gives me a an error 3 message when I try to use it.
Any suggestions ?

Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: power mirror switch

I changed mine out beacuse I had brokethe **** on mine. the safe way is to pull up the center console piece and pop it out, other wise you will end up with some scratches..

Not sure what the error 3 message is, I would call your dealership and ask them what that code means. and check and make sure the magazine is put in right, so forth...

Question when you put the magazine in, do you even hear it trying to load up? should make some racket when it trys to load up cd's

Old 07-09-2007, 09:46 AM
1st Gear

Where are the screws and bracketsthat hold thecenter console ? I been looking and dont see any .Also does the whole console has to come off ? like take the shifter off etc ? I noticed there are two sections to it.

I found out the error 3 code for the cd is a mechanical malfunction error. The magazine does not lock into place when I try to put it in. I think I will try a different one and see what happens.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

I cant rember if you can just take the shifter area off and reach back and pop it out.. mine was broken on the top, so I just ended up pulling it out from the top. I put the post face lift one back in, The ***** are a little diffrent, look nicer then the pre face lifts.

So the magazine won't click in to the changer?
Try unpluging the back of the changer and plugging it back in, Hope that it is only the magazine and not the changer it's self, that would be real exp.