Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear light tinting.....not the tail light

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 02:23 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default rear light tinting.....not the tail light

I have an 01 A6 4.2 and in need of info,

you know the reflectors and lights that surround the lic plate on the trunk? is there a company out there that has a precut black tint for it? i just want it to match the trunk. i'm not tinting my reat lights though, just the Horse shoe shapped area that is above the lic plate frame. any help will be great.........

if not, i'm just gonna paint it myself with high gloss paint and a few layers of clear coat.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Default RE: rear light tinting.....not the tail light

I don't think so cause in many states it's illegal to cover lighting with tint at all. When I had my audi tinted they didn't even cover up the back led's by the passenger seats, quit ridiculous.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Administrator

You can remove it and paint it with NiteShades spray tint. Take your time and do several light coats until you get it as dark as you want it. I used it on my taillights with great success. Not the best pics, but the only ones I have hosted right now of the tails:

I didn't want them too dark, just a smoked look, so I did five coats, using a little under half the can. The more coats you do, the darker it gets.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear

i am interested in using this product ... how should i prep ... is it as easy as clean spray and done ... it goes right on the outside correct?

Old 07-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Administrator

Yep, it's that easy. I cleaned my lenses with glass cleaner and a microfiber towel, then wiped them with an alcohol wipe before spraying. It goes on the outside. Be sure to spray very light coats, especially at first, so it doesn't run. Start spraying off to the side of the lens, and after the spray starts, then sweep across the lens - it'll help keep the coats smooth.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:33 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Wtf this thing won't let me post what I want to post how ghey

Old 07-12-2008, 12:47 PM
1st Gear

OT.

OP, whatsusp do you have? Looks sick

Old 07-12-2008, 03:01 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Hey Nam I was thinking what if you try getting it offand spraying the inside so you don't have to deal with any clear coat

Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 PM

does that niteshades spray ever come off, like say i put it on had it on for a little while, is there anyway to get it off with like painthinner or something??

Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

I've looked into this previously and the reason they normally don't spray on the inside is:

1) After many years, the inside of the lens can get dirty.
2) Cleaning the inside is a lot harder than the outside.

A couple of companies actually state that it's not intended for road use. I'm not sure what it is intended for then, but that is another thought.

Quick Reply: rear light tinting.....not the tail light