Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S Line information

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 04:09 AM
1st Gear
Default S Line information

Hello to All

Recently traded my 2008 A6 for a 2013 plate A6 S-Line. I'm currently waiting to pick it up.

I have a concern however as the front of the car is quite low and my drive way slopes upwards - does anyone have experience of this? Is it generally a problem?

Also, I believe the car has Audi Drive Select, I believe with the SE this adjusts suspension but it works differently with the S Line. Can anyone tell me what this actually does on the S Line and how it affects the driving experience? Believe it or not the Audi show room were unable to give me a proper explanation of this......

Many thanks for any help!

Old 05-27-2015, 12:52 PM
3rd Gear

I have Crossfires that are lower than my Audis, and I have not encountered a driveway slope that causes problems. The only way to be sure is to slowly drive the vehicle onto and up the driveway with a spotter keeping an eye on the clearance. Your bigger risk is going to be those damn concrete parking stops or even sidewalks in parking lots. I usually back into spaces and leave plenty of clearance. Even better, find a pull-through spot which is also easier and safer to exit.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:54 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ppgoal
I have Crossfires that are lower than my Audis, and I have not encountered a driveway slope that causes problems. The only way to be sure is to slowly drive the vehicle onto and up the driveway with a spotter keeping an eye on the clearance. Your bigger risk is going to be those damn concrete parking stops or even sidewalks in parking lots. I usually back into spaces and leave plenty of clearance. Even better, find a pull-through spot which is also easier and safer to exit.
Exactly this. Guy at work has a 2003 A4 and pulled into a spot and didn't realize he pulled slightly over a parking divider. Went to back out and the entire bottom portion of his bumper cover got pulled off.

Actually, this is pretty common it seems. Bought my A6 with a bumper cover that looked like it started to get pulled off, and recently rebuilt an A4 which had the same issue. People just don't realize that they do sit fairly low when compared with say a stock Impala.

On my M6, forget it. I just look for pull throughs as much as possible.