Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius radio "Linking"

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
1st Gear
Default Sirius radio "Linking"

The Sirius radio in my 2006 A6 4.2 has recently been going into “Linking” mode and not coming out of it or cutting in and out periodically. I’m not sure what to do. I did have a new signal hit sent from Sirius, but it did not help. It appears to be an antenna problem. Is there anyone else who has had the same problem and been able to correct or troubleshoot it? Just an FYI regarding signal location, I am in Michigan. Thanks.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

Hi there -

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time acquring a signal from us. We would like the opportunity to troubleshoot with you. Send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be in touch with you today.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Zeke13
The Sirius radio in my 2006 A6 4.2 has recently been going into “Linking” mode and not coming out of it or cutting in and out periodically. I’m not sure what to do. I did have a new signal hit sent from Sirius, but it did not help. It appears to be an antenna problem. Is there anyone else who has had the same problem and been able to correct or troubleshoot it? Just an FYI regarding signal location, I am in Michigan. Thanks.
I had same problem as you with my 06 A6 4.2 S-Line. I've just updated MMI to a newer version and it works flawlessly now. Let me know if you need the CD's and step by step instructions.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Sirius linking help - a6

I had same problem as you with my 06 A6 4.2 S-Line. I've just updated MMI to a newer version and it works flawlessly now. Let me know if you need the CD's and step by step instructions.

I have a 2006 A6 4.2 which has also been having bad linking issues for about 6-8 months now. I have been ignoring it, but it's driving me nuts now, and I'm not going to continue my Sirius subscription if I can't fix it. I contacted Sirius and they supposedly reset something and sent a new signal, but it didn't help. They said if that didn't work, I needed to go to the dealer, or it might be an antenna issue. I really don't want to go to the dealership (for obvious reasons). I'd be grateful for ANY help on this and would work something out with you. Hopefully you get this soon as it's been 7 months since your post.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

Have same car with same issues... did you ever resolve this problem?

Old 07-17-2013, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I will send you a link to the CDs and instructions on how to do it when I get home from work.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by igorek_k
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I will send you a link to the CDs and instructions on how to do it when I get home from work.
Was wondering if you ever sent the link for the mmi thing? ANY help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for anything you can do to assist with this issue.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Sirus Radio Linking

Hello,

I am haveing the same "linking" issue with my 2005 A6. If someone could send me the link for the MMI upgrades I would be most appreciative.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:23 PM
1st Gear

same here! audi reprogrammed and said everything is ok on their side!
i was about to get another module!
my audi is a 2006 audi 4.2 avant and sirius randomly konks out

any help? was sirius helpful? what about reprogramming? my dealer wants 120 bux just for that....

fred

Old 10-19-2013, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

could you send me the same please?
fdebros@partners.org

Quick Reply: Sirius radio "Linking"