Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Does the sport package still provide comfort?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Sport Suspension - need input

Old 10-26-2013, 11:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Sport Suspension - need input

Hello, everyone.

So I am new to Audi Forum as I am planning on soon becoming a first time Audi owner via a 2014 A6 Prestige TDI. I ask for your forgiveness/guidance on a question that may seem so obvious but I feel that a car with this price tag requires thorough research on my end to get answers from those who know these cars best....and this is where you guys come in.

I drive about 17,500 miles per year and almost all of it is work related, so I'm on the road frequently on the freeways of San Diego. My question for all of you is this, does the sport package provide a comfortable ride? Much of what I have read says that the sport package may be too firm for most. As I am on the road a lot I am looking for a smoother ride, but I also want something that handles (thus, I am getting an Audi). I know the 20'' rims will be noticeably stiffer due to less rubber, so I thought the 15-spoke 19'' rims would provide more rubber and thus a smoother ride. But wouldn't you know, my car with this set up is not available anywhere in the country and would need to be a custom order; and that takes 3 months. Apparently I most A6s these days automatically come with the sport package because they provide the bigger rims and look cooler. But, and here is the catch, they also say that I will hardly be able to notice the difference in comfort between an A6 with or without the sports package. And guess what they have in stock right now on this very day? Of course, everything I want but with the sports package.

Before you tell me to take a test drive, know that I have driven these cars. But to be honest the were about a month apart. I believe that driving a 5 mile round trip test drive on an interstate is not going to tell me a lot and I'm certainly thinking the next 99,995 miles on this car. Because of that, I'm coming to all of you for help. I'm sure the answer is what is my personal preference, but I'm really asking you if you have noticed a difference in your daily driving. Please let me know your thoughts and I am grateful for your response.

Thanks,

Matt