Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Total Hose Replacement on Vacuum System

Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 AM
2nd Gear

Did you try resetting the CEL with a scan tool?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:08 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by a2thy
Did you try resetting the CEL with a scan tool?

^^ ditto. CEL usually does not go out for a few days even if the issue was corrected. If you delete the CEL with a scan tool, then it will go out.

BTW, if you can replace that entire section of the plastic vacuum line with a long piece of vacuum hose. On mine, the plastic hose was really brittle and broke in numerous places before replaced the entire pipe with a flexible vacuum hose.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:27 PM
3rd Gear

A few codes will turn off the CEL light after a few days but many times the CEL needs to be reset to go out..

Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 AM
1st Gear

Alright I went and finally got the CEL erased. Less than a day later it popped back on! so now I've gotten four different codes at two different times;

P0441
P1138
P1136
P1665

All of these have to do either with the vacuum system or the fuel pressure system...

Also when I fill the gas tank all the way up I have to crank the engine for about 10-20 seconds, before it will even fire and I have to keep the rpms above 1250 for about 30seconds or it will die. But if I fill it only half or less it will start fine. Does any one else have this problem? aAnd can any one help me about the codes?

Last edited by danmcc86; 02-13-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:18 AM
3rd Gear

You have low fuel pressure and it may be caused by the EVAP purge system. First of all, here is a vacuum diagram.

Basically check the hose from the throttle body to N82 purge valve above the airbox. N82 valve aka EVAP purge valve should click away, and you should be able to hear the noise. If it is working fine, then you should check the large vacuum line running from the valve to the rear of the car, and the related hoses per the diagram.

Also the fuel pressure regulator has a vacuum line going into it. Check that hose as well.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:12 PM
2nd Gear

Any luck yet damncc86? my car has codes for the Evap. system too.

NH_USA, about how much hose do you need to replace all the vacuum lines?

Does anyone know if the vacuum lines from 034 Motorsport are any good? Is there much of a difference in those compared to those you'd get at an auto parts store?

Old 02-15-2009, 01:17 AM
1st Gear

haha... a2thy I haven't figured it out yet. Does anyone know where the EVAP valve is? and is the EVAP canister in the back of the car?

Old 02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

Ok here is what I found. The EVAP valve is not clicking like I read it was supposed to be. So that might be the problem with that. just to be sure I added a pic of what I think the Evap valve is (first pic).

Secondly I found that there is a what looks like an elbow, missing between the the Secondary Vacuum Pump and the Air Cleaner Box. (see second pic)

I know that the missing hose is very bad but could it cause the CEL to turn on with these codes, or could it be that the EVAP valve is bad?

And how much does the evap valve cost?
Thanks!!!

Attached Thumbnails Total Hose Replacement on Vacuum System-evap-valve.jpg   Total Hose Replacement on Vacuum System-open-hose.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009, 08:33 AM
3rd Gear

I don't know how much vacuum hose is required to do an Audi. I have a few rolls of different sizes in the garage just for fun because we play with all sorts of vehicles.

danmcc86 - either a missing vac hose or a bad EVAP valve or many other things can turn on a CEL...

I don't know about cost but I usually find the best price at Force Five in Concord NH for new and used Audi VW stuff.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:08 PM
3rd Gear

The picture you show is the purge valve. I am pretty sure the code is on because of the purge valve, not the secondary air hose. The purge valve will probably cost you about $100 to $150.

FYI, not having the secondary air hose will mess with your warm-up cycle, and suck in dirty air.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Total Hose Replacement on Vacuum System