Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Fluid Filler location

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 06:37 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Transmission Fluid Filler location

I have an 2000 Audi A6 2.7t And I was wondering if any one has a pic of the location of the ATF filler location or can go in depth about where to find.

Thanks in advance

Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Transmission Fill Plug

Hi. I don't have a pic, but will try my best to desribe where the fill plug is located. If you look under the car at the transmission pan, you will see two plugs on the bottom of it. The plug farthest foward (near the engine) is the drain plug, and the plug farthest to the rear (near the Diff) is your full plug. If you're still not sure...the fill plug will be the plug that is the largest in diameter. Hope this helps.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:39 AM
3rd Gear

I am not sure about your 2000 2.7t but if it was a 2.8 you can't just fill the trans and set the level with a stick.

On the 2.8 you need to jack the vehicle up -keeping it level - run the motor until the trans is at a specified temp as indicated on VagCom - and fill the trans until the fluid drips out of the top hole.

There are numerous discussions with details on this board - just do a search

Old 09-12-2010, 10:09 AM
2nd Gear

ATF filter (as on most cars) is located in the transmission oil pan. The filter is attached to the valve body.The access is only after taking off the pan. Most filter kits come with transmission oil pan seal which should replace the old one. Look for the torque sequence and rates.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

nemohn --Ya need to get new glasses or increase the font size on your computer screen

He said F I L L E R not F I L T E R.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
1st Gear
Default this will help

Originally Posted by michaelh305
I have an 2000 Audi A6 2.7t And I was wondering if any one has a pic of the location of the ATF filler location or can go in depth about where to find.

Thanks in advance

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1093467

this will help although pics are gone but good references

Old 09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

pita but a diy just be very careful, is there a problem you are having? is any signs of tc failure slipping, jerking, codes ect... i wouldnt touch it if not but thats my opinion

Old 09-12-2010, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

located on the pan looks like the drain plug but is recessed up into the pan- center rear of the pan.

The car needs to be running and at specific temp rasnges to fill it correctly. The only way to do it right is with a vagcom monitoring the temperature, A gravity feed Transmission fluid filler- not the pump and the car running on jack stands with two people. one filling the other shifting and watching the vagcom.

It's a friggin nightmare the first time but once you get the hang of it you'll think of it more as another Audi pita.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 PM
2nd Gear

Yes Sir,

""nemohn --Ya need to get new glasses or increase the font size on your computer screen

He said F I L L E R not F I L T E R.""

Yes Sir,

New glasses are ordered. Waiting for delivery
(no kidding at all - you've got the situation perfectly correct).
Sorry for the filter...

Old 09-14-2010, 01:49 PM
1st Gear
Default very good thread

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Automatic-Tip

looks very good

L8R..........

Quick Reply: Transmission Fluid Filler location