Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission flushing Concerns... :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Transmission flushing Concerns... :(

OK, I hope to God I did not screw up my transmission. I just got started putting my engine together and started to sort parts and re-organize my garage. I drained my transmission fluid and thought it would be a good idea to blow the transmission lines free of any contaminated transmission fluid.

I found the return line, put 80 to 100 psi via my air compressor and got some fluid out as I saw it dripping out of the pan. I then went to the feed line that goes to the transmission from the radiator....bad idea...I"m just hoping nothing can go wrong here. I put some pressurized air to the line for maybe 3 seconds, then I heard a Pssst as the air relieved it self and oil came out of the front of the transmission.

OK, NOW, I'm kind of freakin out! I'm hoping I did not Efff something up. After an hour, I put some pressure back into the return line to see if it was holding pressure or spewing oil out the front pump. The good news is that it is holding pressure. I put the air line on it for about 1/2-1 second then removed the line to relieve the pressure. No oil dripped out the front shaft and no air was passing by. I've always owned Chevy's for my hot rods and this is my first (2nd) German car and I'm not to familiar with them. Looks like oil is coming out between the input shaft and the spline gear shaft that that surrounds the input shaft. From the outside inward, I see the larger shaft with splines on it and inside that is the input shaft. Oil leaked out between these two I think. I have a pump shaft seal but no need for it as it is not leaking from here that I can see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Johnny Bravo .45; 01-09-2017 at 07:06 PM.