Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V8 A6 cylinder misfire 1 and 2 reappearing after Tbelt and switching around coils.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 PM
1st Gear
Default V8 A6 cylinder misfire 1 and 2 reappearing after Tbelt and switching around coils.

Ok here it is. I am working on a V8 A6. It had a leak in the plastic pipe between the oil cooler and the block. Put the car into service mode and did the timing belt and waterpump all the pulleys tensioner. Used a gates kit. I also did the repair on the pipe perfectly. Although it was a bear of a job. Perfect no leaks. The top mount on the passenger side above the alternator was bad. Replaced. Put the car back together. Guy claims its my fault the car has a bump to it and its throwing cyl 1 and 2 code.No idea if it was or not before the job just took his word. Now it is considered my fault so I switched around coil packs put in factory called for NGK platinums and its still throwing the code cyl 1 and 2 and sometimes 3 as well random misfire. I marked the tbelt and it lined up with the old marks perfect just like every other A6 Ive done hundereds of VW Tbelts . Not sure what to check for. I looked over all the vacume lines on the bumper area where I was working I also found a pinhole in the intake boot and sealed it. Still throwing the codes for mifire. Any help or infor would be appriciated. I am guessing a vag com hook up to look for timing retard or advance. I did notince when I put the new Tbelt on and cranked it over by hand about 10 times that after I left the car for an hour the tensioner had sagged back down after I pulled the pin and the tensioner went all the way tight. I then turned it over again and it tensioned up. I have never seen a tensioner do that before . Usually it takes a vice to push the pin back into the tesioner to reuse it. Weird stuff.