Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W 2000 Audi A6 Avant 2.7 biturbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 10:37 AM
1st Gear
Default W 2000 Audi A6 Avant 2.7 biturbo

.Hello guys, just after some advice please,! I recently purchased a manual version of the Audi A6 Avant 2.7 biturbo off of eBay. It was a supposedly light, front end damaged car....stated its not insurance written off, still able to drive with a broken rad!!!......but when it was delivered, the front was completely destroyed, the smash had just missed the top of the bumper, and the whole front end, just above the bumper has taken the impact......bonnet, lights, radiator, radiator slam panel, wings....including the top of the engine......all airbags deployed, passenger airbag dash flipped and has smashed the windscreen, its crushed the top of the engine back into the bulk head, we also think it's damaged the gearbox, as we are unable to select 2nd or 3rd....think it's written off?....anyway its not worth us attempting the repairs, stupidly I paid directly into the guys bank account so unable to get a refund or anything.
Guys, basically I need your help to try see if this engine is salvageable, to try recoup some cash (it owes me £700 including £175 delivery I had to pay) I know I'm not getting anywhere near that money back.....but at the moment the car is worth nothing, as nothing can be confirmed as working lol.

We need advice just to try to see if engine runs or has any major damage. we knew there's no water, hooked up a temporary rad and fan from an A4 (no leaks yet) and replaced a broken aux belt tensioner...and replaced the belt, now. We can't get any voltage to get ignition.....we have connected a new battery but can't get any ignition lights, question need answering is
Is there some sort of battery disconnect which needs resetting after airbag deployment, or does Airbag ECU cut all power until it's reset?
Also does anybody know cheapest place of getting VAGCOM diagnostics? Don't really want to invest much more, Just didn't prepare for this kind of damage, its a nightmare

Last edited by 4udiDog; 10-13-2016 at 10:40 AM.