Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What MMI do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM
1st Gear
Default What MMI do I have?

I'm so confused about the AUDI MMI, I've been looking at loads of sites to try and figure which MMI system I have. Here are some photo's:

So from my knowledge (or lack there of) the MMI 3G was standard in the A6 from 2008 this car is a 2011 plate (not sure on date of manufacture but I would guess around this time). However I believe that the MMI 3G should have a joystick rather than a wheel? I've also seen CAN and RNS-E mentioned a few times, anyone care to clarify which one of them I have?

The car itself has a DVD sat nav and a 6 CD changer. It is a A6 TDI S-Line Avant (would that be a C6 or C7).

Finally what I'm really after is a way to connect my iPhone to the MMI. There is an OEM telephone connector in the center armrest but I believe that there is not yet (or possibly ever) going to be a cradle for the iPhone 5 since it uses a digital not analogue signal? I have read a few posts were people have swapped the 6 CD changer for the AMI integration and even a few where they have kept both.

So could anyone point me in the right direction for at least what I should be looking for in order to play songs through my iPhone?

Thanks
Phil