Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's wrong with my A6

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 07:57 PM
1st Gear
Default what's wrong with my A6

Greetings...
I have a 2007 A6 3.2 quattro with a very annoying and strange problem..background : installed new battery and had it coded by local Shop..there are some days when I start it the car run rough almost stalling had battery tested and all is good ....some days car starts right up and runs like a champ..had a scan done and shows multiple short to ground faults...I pulled coils and found one coil submerged in a bath of oil.....ordered VCG and a fresh set of plugs...could this be causing my shorts? Also mmi sometimes shuts off by itself. ..if I disconnect negative cable for a few minutes, radio turns on...I already bypassed the BT with a Most loop connector..if anyone can point me in the right direction I would totally appreciate it..

Old 03-26-2015, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

A friend of mine has a 2.0T Passat that had multiple misfire codes after he had just replaced all four of the coil packs. We took a look at it and found that the ground wires from the coil packs were corroded where they were screwed to the valve cover. We cleaned the wires, put new ring terminals on them, and screwed them back down. Once we cleared the codes and started it back up, there were no more misfires and no more misfire codes. I don't know if this is part of the problem you're having, but it was a simple fix, so I thought I would mention it. Good luck!

Old 03-26-2015, 09:52 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for your input. Car started just fine this morning. . Crazy gremlins. Even radio works !!!! Wish I had vcds. Gonna put that on my wish list