Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wipers.. I know..

Old 07-08-2009, 12:34 AM
1st Gear
Default Windshield Wipers.. I know..

I just got my new 2002 Audi A6 Quatro a few weeks ago and need to replace the windshield wiper blades. Unfortuantly it seems that it requires a special type with a unique connection type. I've been around town here and nobody seems to carry replacements.

Any suggestions on where to pick these up, I would prefer not to get cheap replacements?

Thanks for the assistance!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
3rd Gear

You should be able to find the Bosch Icons at AZone or AdvanceAutoParts, O'Reillys, etc. I haven't replaced mine as of yet, but some sites claim that the Icons don't fit cars that came with OEM Aero design.
If I recall correctly, Michelin or RainX came out with a bracketless design as well.
Just look at yours and when you go to the store look for the ones that have the same fastening system.

Howwever, here's a set of OEM Aeros.
You can always also just get Bosch inserts.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

Chefro,

Thanks for the help. After mentioning the "Aero" system I was able to do a google search and came across these.

http://frugalmechanic.com/auto-part/...iper-blade-set

Seems to be the right set. I hope these dont suck.

Thanks again for the help!

Old 07-09-2009, 01:05 PM
4th Gear

Hmm..NM

Old 07-12-2009, 09:45 PM

Yup, ran into this same problem w/ mine last month when I bought it. Turns out I also have the 'aero' setup and ordered my replacements (OEM) from ECStuning.com - what an amazing difference new wipers make!!! Funny how sometimes it's the little things that make you love a car

Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 AM
4th Gear

Speaking of wipers... I've been using that Prestone w/Bug Guard in summer, and Prestone w/Ice Shield in winter... lemme tell you, this stuff is great. After about a month of use, it like having Rain-X but better. Water just beads and runs like crazy, dirt and bugs dont stick, and ice/snow comes right off.... Worth the little extra over the blue stuff.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
I've been using that Prestone w/Bug Guard in summer, and Prestone w/Ice Shield in winter...
I second that. Got the stuff in both cars

Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the great info here guys! Just had the same issue and the forums came to the rescue!

Just wondering what the Aero blades get you...I saw that it was about $100 for the kit for the Aero conversion. So I guess I'm happy to have them, but what exactly do they do that's so much better?

Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 AM

Aerodynamic?!?

I seriously have no idea. They work great though. Very "light" and form to the windshield well. I think it's more of a European thing and that's naturally why there is a "kit" available - a lot of people like to get their cars to Euro spec just to do it. I remember I had bought a ton of that stuff when I had my GTI (rear fogs, headlight washers, etc). Funny to buy a car now that has all that stuff on it - one reason I love the A6!!

Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Question Wiper removal on 2002 A6 ??

Do any of you know how to remove the wiper blades on the Aero design.. I looked and looked, but could not find a clip, unless you need a special tool

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers.. I know..