Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xenon headlight auto adjust problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=boiler;1093575]Hello. Also got problem with automatic headlight adjustment (xenon). AUDI A6 2.5TDI 2003. The error flashed on dashboard. Could someone tell me please, where is the control module situade? I headr, that near back axle. Maybe someone have photos or manual. Thank you so much![/QUOTE

I've been having the same grief as the others. Removed the front bumper and radiator shroud to do the timing belt and such. Put the car back together and got dynamic headlight dimmer warning and the headlight washers are not working. I believe the problems are related but not sure. My vag will not read that far and there is no dealer near me, so I don't know for sure if its the sensors or just a bad connection. The question still remains why by simply disconnecting the headlights you would get a warning. The module for your year is behind the glove box, that is on the left hand drive audi's. Hope this helps but I think it is something else. I'll keep watching this site for more options and will post any solutions if I get one. Still enjoy my audi's.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Default Regular or Self Adjusting xenons?

I cracked my headlight in a minor accident (minor hit, major repair) and i'm searching to buy the new headlight but I have the options between regular xenons and self adjusting. I believe mines are self adjusting since they self adjust when i turn the car on, but what is the difference in the actual headlight? how can i check for the difference?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:41 PM

We have a 2004 A4 convertible. A person backed into the left front fender and caused damage to the headlight,fender and some internal parts. The fender ,lights and damaged parts were all fixed with new parts and repainted by a reputable body shop and an import repair shop. Now the dynamic headlight adjustment warning is on. I have looked at both sensors and they appear to be in proper working order. The import repair shop took between 2-3 days and says it's the headlight control unit located behind the glove box.
Any ideas on what would cause that to go bad just because the light was changed. Any other ideas on what to look for?
They repair shops used genuine Audi parts.
Thx

Old 01-31-2016, 02:03 AM
1st Gear
Default Basic settings

Originally Posted by nm3210
My left rear sensor went bad (or something, meh nothing else is affected) and so my headlights wouldn't auto correct. If you have VAG-COM here is the fix! It brings it up to the home level without acknowledging the sensors. Found here.

[Select]
[55 - Xenon Range] (For some newer vehicles, use [29 - Left Light] instead )
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]

If you have the ebay cord, then send me a pm and I can let you know how to trick the program to think you're using the full registered version (which is required to use Basic Settings).

This fix comes up with a fault code that the headlights aren't adjusted, which is good! That means they won't move ever again which might be better than how they worked in the first place :-/
Could you tell me how to trick the system into thinking it is fully registered I have ebay cord and can't get into basic settings