Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZF 5HP24A rebuilders manual on PDF

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 08:20 AM
1st Gear

Let me look into that (ebay). I only have two units right now, prototype and version one. Will have a few more made and see who is interested. I'll get back to you all with more details.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:23 AM
1st Gear

The test plate actually help me locate a leak around the pump shaft bushing. That would have been a real "bummer" If I had reinstalled, only to find I had more trouble.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:28 AM
1st Gear

Good deal, could you include a copy of your manual as well, or is it only on pdf?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:04 AM
1st Gear

Need a copy of the manual ASAP... Please reply as quick as you can. Thanks!

Old 01-25-2016, 05:50 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Prop shaft sleeve

Originally Posted by Iain McArthur
Thanks for this. All sorted. What threw me was the front prop shaft sleeve. Once I removed this all became clear.
Great forum and great advice.
Thanks team.
Iain,
How did you remove the prop shaft? From the left side? TIA
Paul

Old 01-25-2016, 05:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Manual and Test Plate

Originally Posted by jackson101
I've added more information and exploded views of the valve body (the valve body is not covered in detail in the official ZF manual). I've also included parts lists for transmission and valve body (also, not included in the ZF manual). In addition, I've added information and sources for the PR valve (pressure relief) upgrade/repair/restoration.
There is also a diagnostic section in my manual.

I'm also working on an "air test" plate, to bolt in the place of your valve body. This will allow you to apply air to each clutch pack (A,B,C,D, E and F) individually to determine if any one of them is leaking. It's always nice to know that you can find a problem before reinstalling. Not sure on the timeline for the test plate yet. I produced one from wood, then aluminum and now intend to put my trans. on a farro arm, to get more exact dimensions. Once I have solid dimensions, the item will be loaded to CAD and produces on a CNC router, from tool quality aluminum.

I will keep you all informed.
Hi I am interested in the manual you created and a test plate. Can you let me know how to get one? Thanks!

Old 10-21-2016, 11:57 AM
1st Gear
Default Need manaul

I am also planning a rebuild on my 5hp 24 in my 2002 a6 ,4.2 Quattro,could you tell me how I can get a copy of your manual. Any help I could get would be great. I believe I have a bearing issue from all the research I have done. The trans works normal until I reach operating temperature,and then it slips. I will be doing the rebuild myself do to financial reasons. If any one has any suggestions about my issue I would love to here them. Plus any helpmwith getting that manaul from Jackson would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Manual request please

Hi, rebuilding my 03 S6's ZF tranny.
Thanks for all the info.
I was hoping I could get a copy of the rebuild manual PDF?
Thanks!!

Old 01-01-2017, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

hello, i am new here. Is it stil possible to get that manual? It would be very useful, cuz have almost the same problem with 5hp24a gearbox

Old 01-02-2017, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

I'm not getting the notifications for some of these request and some appear to be older. Who still needs a PDF and test plate. I think the test plates will be 70-80 dollars.

Quick Reply: ZF 5HP24A rebuilders manual on PDF