Audi A7 Athletic, elegant and dramatic, the Audi A7 is a five-door coupe with the graceful look of a benchmark luxury sedan.

ABS Fuse location?

Old 11-29-2016, 05:04 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS Fuse location?

Hello folks,

I need help. I own 2014 a7 TDI which was involved in a small side wreck – resulting in failure of ABS brakes and power steering.

The steering is hard to turn and brakes are locked (after few pumps they do work but go back to being locked)

Now, I do not have the VAG cable yet to run the faults code; which I should be receiving it within next few days. But in the meantime I like to check the common problems like the ABS fuse.

But I have checked all the fuse boxes and cannot locate the ABS fuse. Any help where i can check for ABS fuse.

Thank you.
Mac

(please note that this wreck will not be insurance claim )

Old 12-21-2016, 05:22 AM
1st Gear

I just recently bought a flood salvage 2014 Audi A7 TDI and they tore a bunch of fuses out. I'm also figuring out what fuse is what. The main issue I'm having is identifying the fuses in the luggage compartment.

I have 2x large orange 40/40 amp fuses, there are 4x slots, do you have all 4 slots filled? We might be able to help each other out since we got the same car.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by BurntToast
I just recently bought a flood salvage 2014 Audi A7 TDI and they tore a bunch of fuses out. I'm also figuring out what fuse is what. The main issue I'm having is identifying the fuses in the luggage compartment.

I have 2x large orange 40/40 amp fuses, there are 4x slots, do you have all 4 slots filled? We might be able to help each other out since we got the same car.
So I've been looking around many Audi forums and came across this one just now. I also have a 2014 Audi A7 TDI with almost the same problems.

I got a flood salvage unit and they ripped a bunch of fuses out. I'm not only trying to figure out the back fuses, but also the same power steering issue where it is extremely stiff.

I don't know if there is a bad steering control module (if there is one), bad ECU, or bad steering rack.

We could pass along picture of our fuse boxes and any info on fixing the steering issue. I just recently replied to one of your posts about fuses. Let me know if you want to exchange phone numbers so we can send pictures faster. I live in the US
Thanks for the post and the pm. I highly doubt this issue is related to fuses.
I believe there is direct battery connection to the power steering module which is part of the rack. Also, there are one or few fuses on the battery which do supply power to few of the components - as well. You may want to check those fuses - as well - it is right on the battery.
Also, you need to invest in power probe kit to find any wiring or other electrical issue - Amazon.com has it for a good price. You also need to invest in VAG cable and read all the DTC codes before fixing any problem. One module failure can have a effect on others not functioning. I believe ECU for the A7 location is quite high for the water to reach but still without knowing the history of the car and why someone would rip all the fuses out it is difficult to pinpoint to single fault without reading all its DTC codes....

(I will check the luggage compartment fuses tomorrow morning and let you know - sorry i'm at work and will be home late to check today)

Last edited by msandhu413; 12-21-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:03 AM
1st Gear

Hello, I don't know about this issue. You should contact with the car dealer regarding this issue.