Audi A8 This full sized Audi A8 sedan offers interior luxury and spaciousness comparable to any car in the full sized luxury sedan class

GPS Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 03:28 PM
1st Gear
Default GPS Issues

My 2012 A8L with 33k miles has no idea where it is with regards to GPS location. The car has been in the shop since Wednesday at Audi South Coast. I will state that I did add subwoofers in my car. And my vehicle currently does have Pre-Cert Warranty until 78k miles or 3/2018.

Fun Part:
1.) Service rep tried to start charging me right off the bat with stating that I have added additional equipment electrical related. This was fended off by me for declaring those speakers and was truly not related although it does throw error codes. I said I would be more than happy to print out the vag-com log and show him that the error codes that he and his supervisors is seeing are nothing GPS related. He then backed off.

2.) Service rep then states we will perform a software flash, but if anything goes wrong because of your electronic install. We will not be responsible. At this point, I pointed him towards the direction of the GPS antenna and the two boosters that are near the GPS antennas. At this point, he remains reserves. I did not hear from them at all and I finally called in late yesterday. They have now ordered the antenna, and he is stating this as a last resort. I am not exactly sure how this will turn out, but I am seeking for additional experience and support to support my efforts while I work through this CLOWN shop. Scare tactics are just horrible. It's a poor way to gain customers loyalty and ownerships experience. This is my third VW/Audi Product, and all experiences have been the same as far. Prior ownership experience with BMW and MB was just nothing like this. You would think VW/Audi would learn their lessons from the Diesel scandal.

I will keep all of you posted, but please do share your experiences and knowledge.

Thank you in advance!

Old 10-03-2017, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

hi exam23, I have the same issue with the gps (no subwoofers in mine) were you able to fix the issue? How