Assuming it's the same procedure as the Bose, 6CD on an '01 A8:
1. Press "P.CSAN" & "RBDS" buttons simultaneously until "1000" appears.
2. Let go immediately when "1000" appears...holding too long or doing it twice, at this point, will make radio think you're trying "1000" as the code.
3. Use station buttons 1 thru 4 only. Hold each in (one at a time) until correct code number appears in that position (each will display from 0 thru 9), then go to next.
4. When the proper 4 digit code is displayed, hold in "P.SCAN" & "RBDS" buttons again simultaneously until "SAFE" appears.
5. Let go immediately and a frequency should appear.
All should return to normal...worked on my car, when battery had been disconnected for an electrical repair.
If you make a mistake or it doesn't take, "SAFE" will flash, then stay on steady again. Start over again with step #1.
Last edited by silverd2; 07-29-2010 at 07:31 PM.