Audi Q5 The Audi Q5, aerodynamics have never looked so good.

New 2014 Q5 3.0 TDI - Delivery Checklist

Old 09-05-2013, 02:28 PM
1st Gear
Smile New 2014 Q5 3.0 TDI - Delivery Checklist

Hi all, Happy to report that we have our first Audi (Q5 TDI) ready for pickup at the dealership. We had purchased this last Saturday from out of state and it was being shipped to local dealer.

If you have already taken purchased Q5, could you please let me know what are items I need to check before taking the delivery and driving it home. Some of the questions will be -

1) What items comes with Q5? (Owners Manual, Spare tire etc)
2) State Inspection?
3) Should we do a real scrutiny or just trust everything is going to be there.

All help is appreciated.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

I have just purchased a Q5 and am very pleased.

You should drive the car prior to purchase.
Check for nicks and minor scratches. Check that tire pressures are okay. Have dealer give you a thorough run through of all systems (MMi).

Best of luck! Halp

Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the response. I already took the delivery.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

Would you mind sharing % discount from purchase price you got?
We are buying one too and are finding it a tough market
Thx

Old 10-10-2014, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

You should be presented with the delivery checklist among the car's papers. Every item on it should be checked off to confirm the prep was done.

If you aren't familiar with the car, let them show you where the spare tire, battery, tool kit, and tire inflator are buried, because they are well hidden. Offhand, I think all the rest is covered in the manual, although they should give you a fast introduction to the cruise control stalk, the music/phone system, and the other features. And there's no dipstick, you bring that up on the "radio". Honest.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Sigq5
Would you mind sharing % discount from purchase price you got?
We are buying one too and are finding it a tough market
Thx
Its a tough market... I got 1.6%

Old 10-16-2014, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Wishing you best of luck with your Audi.
Will share when we get ours
Regards

Old 10-19-2014, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

Does it have a full size spare? Only asking because the wife's vacation is a little screwed up in her 14 glk250 because of a large piece of steel. I know it has no spot for a spare of any kind. Only 12k on OE tires, happened in Moab Utah sat. 1 hour after last tire shop closed, and they don't have OE tire anyway. Love my a3.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

Full size spare? You are dating yourself. I last got a full sized spare in 1985 (lucked out) and that was only because the car has LSD and couldn't use a donut.

Audi has a variety of ways to annoy you with tires. On some models you get a bottle of Audi's Special Slime and a compressor and that's all. On the Q5 you get an 'accordion spare'. After you empty out the rear of the car, you remove the tire from inside the car. (Better than the X3, where you release the tire from inside the rear floor, but the tire is kept outside the car, under the floor). You take the odd spare, install it, and then use the supplied compressor to inflate it. It expands, like origami.

Two small problems: The flat tire will be too big to place in the spare tire well. And, when you get a new tire or repair? The spare will need several hours to deflate and wrinkle up before IT can go back in place as well.

"Oh, don't worry about that, just call Audi to come take care of it."

Haven't heard from anyone that a real tire could be put in the well, even if you cut out the liner trying to get another inch of width. But that's cars today. And then again there's the special jack and jacking points....It ain't pretty. I bought a Slime "compressor and sealer" kit and that's going to be Option Number One.

The good news is that there is no TPS sensor to get fouled in the tires if you use sealant. The Q5 doesn't actually measure tire pressure, it uses the ABS system to detect that a wheel is not turning at the same speed as the others.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Redd
Full size spare? You are dating yourself. I last got a full sized spare in 1985 (lucked out) and that was only because the car has LSD and couldn't use a donut.

(Better than the X3, where you release the tire from inside the rear floor, but the tire is kept outside the car, under the floor).
Yes you are dating yourself, all BMW's have RFT (Run Flat Tires) so the X3 does not have a spare...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2014 Q5 3.0 TDI - Delivery Checklist