Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Cold weather MMI error

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Default Cold weather MMI error

Hello all,

Lately I noticed that when I start my '07 Q7, I get an error message on the MMI screen that says "device error - missing answer for notification - 0x450." When this message comes up, I can still hear the CD track that is playing but do not have any access to any of the CD controls, however, if I switch to Nav or to the radio, I am unable to use those features entirely.

The strange part is that after I drive for about 10 minutes or so, the problem resolves itself and does not show up again until the next morning. I have a feeling that the error is caused by the electronic devices being cold during the initial morning start up.

I have not been able to find any information on this specific error message on any of the audi forums and was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar during start up of their Audi in cold weather or any difference at all when starting during cold weather than in warmer weather.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Cold weather MMI error-noname.jpg  
Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
1st Gear
Default freezing temps

I'm not getting that message, but i do find the mmi having problems since it's been below freezing. Then after a couple of minutes things are fine. My denson ipod mod fails to recognize the ipod when cold.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:13 PM

I have the same problem. I noticed the problem last winter and the same this winter too. In the cold weather the MMI system does not function well. The problem reolves itself when the car warms up. A little dissapointing for a car of the Q7's caliber isn't it?

Also I heard the MMI sytem is not compatible with the I-phone. Is this true? Is it because the MMI is not blurtooth enabled? I have and 07'.

Thanks.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:49 AM

Since I bought the car in 2007, I only noticed this problem this winter. I took a video of how the system operated when I started it up in cold weather along with the picture I posted to the dealer and they were happy to replace the CD changer unit which they determined to be defective. The system now operates perfectly even today when it was 26 degrees this morning.

As for iPhone compatibility, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to sync an iPhone with the MMI system. I have a Blackberry myself which works seamlessly with the Q7, but never attempted to sync it with an iPhone.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:14 PM

Good Idea! The next time i get an error messgae I will do the same. Maybe it is a defect and not the coldweather after all.

I'll reread instruction on using the sync system. Perhaps I am just not going through the steps properly. If it still doesn't work I'll stop by the dealership for help.

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:00 AM

I'm having a coldweather problem as well (at least I think ) :
when starting the car the MMI units is disconnected from the rest of the car,
so stearing wheel controls don't work, bluethooth neither and the clock on the MMI screen stays at 0:00 . Also parking control system only works with audio but no screen and active supension control is not accessible.
When warming up after 10-20 min or so connection restart working ( I see the clock showing proper time ) and everithing else as well.
Quite disappointing.
Anyone having my same issue and any suggestion on how to fix it ?
(I'm out of warranty now...)