Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Service Due??

Old 05-05-2011, 12:59 PM
1st Gear
Question Service Due??

Hi folks,

Still navigating my way around this site, I'm trying to find out if there is a way to tell what service is due. I have a reminder every time I start my vehicle, I'm hoping that as it winds down it will say exactly what service is due. Right now it just says service due in 500 miles. I'm not at the 55k mark yet so I was thinking it was that, but I would just be at 53,500 when the service will be due. Any suggestions/ideas?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:05 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

the various service intervals can be pre-set in the computer. If you had dealer service last time you were in for, an oil change for instance, they could have reset the SRI to "whatever"

Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

I've only had the car for 3 months now so I've never had any service done before. I'm just trying to avoid going in being taken advantage of and coming out with a hefty bill when really I probably only needed an oil change or something small.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

It's telling you to get in for the 55k mile service (mine went off for 53,500 as well). It's a $700 glorified oil change. You can see all the items in your manual or on-line here https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/d...le+-+2007+-+Q7.

Because I looked at this as a $700 oil change, and it's no longer under factory warranty, I decided to do the work without taking it in to a dealer. Here's how it worked out, item by item:

$80- Change engine oil/filter (included the *below):
*brake system inspection
*windshield washer fluid fill and wiper blade check
*rotate, balance and inspect tires
*battery check
*engine leak check
*cooling system check
*exhaust system check
*Underbody damage inspection
*transmission leak check
*check front and rear axles, drive shaft boots

$45 Engine dust and pollen filter. Ordered on-line, installed in less than 15 minutes with a screw driver and no mechanical training

$30 Cabin air filter. Same as engine only 20 minute install

$.75 Blew out sunroof rails with compressed air at gas station. Sprayed lube and wiped excess

$0- road test, check lights, check ventilation system

$100- spark plugs and wires at independent mechanic since I don't have the tools.

Grand total was ~$250 USD. So...if you want to pay Audi a nice profit of $450 go ahead, but for a total time investment of about 1 hour, you can do it all yourself.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM
1st Gear

It's telling you to get in for the 55k mile service (mine went off for 53,500 as well). It's a $700 glorified oil change. You can see all the items in your manual or on-line here https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/d...le+-+2007+-+Q7.

Because I looked at this as a $700 oil change, and it's no longer under factory warranty, I decided to do the work without taking it in to a dealer. Here's how it worked out, item by item:

$80- Change engine oil/filter (included the *below):
*brake system inspection
*windshield washer fluid fill and wiper blade check
*rotate, balance and inspect tires
*battery check
*engine leak check
*cooling system check
*exhaust system check
*Underbody damage inspection
*transmission leak check
*check front and rear axles, drive shaft boots

$45 Engine dust and pollen filter. Ordered on-line, installed in less than 15 minutes with a screw driver and no mechanical training

$30 Cabin air filter. Same as engine only 20 minute install

$.75 Blew out sunroof rails with compressed air at gas station. Sprayed lube and wiped excess

$0- road test, check lights, check ventilation system

$100- spark plugs and wires at independent mechanic since I don't have the tools.

Grand total was ~$250 USD. So...if you want to pay Audi a nice profit of $450 go ahead, but for a total time investment of about 1 hour, you can do it all yourself.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

I wish I would have seen this earlier, you were absolutely correct. $650 bucks for an oil change is right, I even checked around at NON-Audi shops and they quoted even more. I just had this done yesterday, at least they washed it for me...

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  89.0 KB