Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

VAG Codes for your 2014 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 01:29 PM
1st Gear
Default VAG Codes for your 2014 Q7

I made the topic specific because it would seem that the 2014 Q7 is different thatn my (now solde) 2010 Q5. For example, the remote windows option in my Q5 allowed me to turn on the option to open and close windows useing the key. In trying to configure this same option on the Q7, I seem to only be able to configure it to open the windows but not close. I haven't seen or found a specific VAG section for the 2014 Q7, so thought I would add one. If you've VAG'd your Q7 and want to share known codes, configurations, please let me know and I'll update the OP after I test and validate.

If anyone has any configurations for the hidden "green" menu, that would provide more options in the MMI, I would be very interested.

cheers.

Adding to list:

Note: I already have this so can't verify
Enabling reverse mirror tilt on cars without memory seats: Go to module 52 Door Elect, Pass., Long Coding, Byte 4. If the byte has value 40 (cars without electrically folding mirrors), change it to 4C. If the byte has value 50 (cars with folding or folding/dimming mirrors), change it to 5C. Afterwards when reversing and the mirror **** is in passenger position the passenger side mirror will tilt while on reverse to better show the curb. Without memory seats it is currently not known if the tilt can be adjusted, it seems to default to a standard amount according to reports (see links below, thanks to EuroDan and Unisurfer). It was reported by -V- (here in Finnish: UltimateVW.COM) that 4C won't work in some cars, but value 44 instead does. This probably has to do with equipment levels. Ross-Tech has updated their VCDS/VAG-COM software data to include relevant bits with descriptions, so you can more easily try different combinations.

Note: I already have this so can't verify
Enabling key memory in cars with electric, non-memory seats: Thanks to C99 for this tip. Go to module 36 Seat Mem. Drvr (J136), O7, Coding, change Byte 2 bit number 0, to value 1 (checked). You should now see Key memory on/off in the MMI settings for driver's seat. Link: Memory of seats in the key in car with just electrical seats - A5_OC (Memory of seats in the key in car with just electrical seats). Ross-Tech also recently updated their A5 VAG-COM codings to include a vast amount of instrument cluster codings, see the updated list for things like enabling/disabling washer fluid warning (Audi A5 (8T) Instrument Cluster - Ross-Tech Wiki).

Note: * On the 2014 (at least my model) there is no long code helper for Conv. 46 and the configuration is similar to older Audi's where you need to add the values (I believe +128). Also, once done, I was able see the option in the MMI to open the sun roof and windows remotely using the unlock button on my key, but can't close anythign with the key remotely.
Convenience opening of windows: In some markets the ability to open and close windows with the keyfob (by holding down lock/unlock key) is disabled. Ross-Tech reports in the link above that by going to Cent. Conv. 46, Coding, Long Coding Helper, clicking Comfort Operation: Remote Control active, then Transfer coding, Do it!.

Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
(Note, the sunroof cannot be opened with the remote)
You need to continuously hold the remote button for the function to operate.

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper] *
Click on each of the Byte numbers in line 3) and you'll see the selectable options below.
Check the box for "Comfort Operation: Remote Control active"
[Transfer Coding]
[Do It!]

Last edited by Ponch; 03-27-2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Updating list
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 AM
1st Gear
Default Basic ones

Enabling reverse mirror tilt on cars without memory seats: Go to module 52 Door Elect, Pass., Long Coding, Byte 4. If the byte has value 40 (cars without electrically folding mirrors), change it to 4C. If the byte has value 50 (cars with folding or folding/dimming mirrors), change it to 5C. Afterwards when reversing and the mirror **** is in passenger position the passenger side mirror will tilt while on reverse to better show the curb. Without memory seats it is currently not known if the tilt can be adjusted, it seems to default to a standard amount according to reports (see links below, thanks to EuroDan and Unisurfer). It was reported by -V- (here in Finnish: UltimateVW.COM) that 4C won't work in some cars, but value 44 instead does. This probably has to do with equipment levels. Ross-Tech has updated their VCDS/VAG-COM software data to include relevant bits with descriptions, so you can more easily try different combinations.

Enabling key memory in cars with electric, non-memory seats: Thanks to C99 for this tip. Go to module 36 Seat Mem. Drvr (J136), O7, Coding, change Byte 2 bit number 0, to value 1 (checked). You should now see Key memory on/off in the MMI settings for driver's seat. Link: Memory of seats in the key in car with just electrical seats - A5_OC (Memory of seats in the key in car with just electrical seats). Ross-Tech also recently updated their A5 VAG-COM codings to include a vast amount of instrument cluster codings, see the updated list for things like enabling/disabling washer fluid warning (Audi A5 (8T) Instrument Cluster - Ross-Tech Wiki).

Convenience opening of windows: In some markets the ability to open and close windows with the keyfob (by holding down lock/unlock key) is disabled. Ross-Tech reports in the link above that by going to Cent. Conv. 46, Coding, Long Coding Helper, clicking Comfort Operation: Remote Control active, then Transfer coding, Do it!.

Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
(Note, the sunroof cannot be opened with the remote)
You need to continuously hold the remote button for the function to operate.

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on each of the Byte numbers in line 3) and you'll see the selectable options below.
Check the box for "Comfort Operation: Remote Control active"
[Transfer Coding]
[Do It!]

Old 06-21-2015, 10:34 AM
1st Gear

Just tried accessing module 36 on my MY15 (Feb 2015 build) Q7 that doesn't have memory seats and it says the module interface won't respond.

Looks like this no longer works. I did get the passenger mirror tilt on reverse to work though.

Shane.