Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Problem with Alarm Antenna.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Default Problem with Alarm Antenna.

I have a problem because I bought an Audi TT Quattro 2000 of 225 HP and doesn't have the alarm antenna, was removed for unknow causes. I need the part number but in Costa Rica anyone knows nothing about alarm systems of audi, on ebay I didn't get results, the same in different websites. I guess someone here, in this forum, could give me a clue to get the part number or to know where I can buy the part.
Few weeks ago I replace the remote control assuming it was the problem but not, my mechanic after diagnostic of all electric and alarm system, found that antenna is the reason because I can't open doors or activate the security system, only manually. He said this part is missing and I'll need to get one from abroad.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
George.

Pd. sorry my bad english but isn't my first lenguage.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:15 PM

this might help........

http://www.wak-tt.com/guides/ttr.pdf

on page 29 and 30.

Your post doesnt point to the exact problem your having other than.........

""" I can't open doors or activate the security system, only manually."""

Is the remote working properly? Does it activate the lock unlock function?

Old 07-29-2010, 12:35 PM

Thanks for your reply. The control remote is working because is new and the modules too because I can activate the security system manually, but using the control remote I canīt because the module donīt receive the the signal. Many people said the problem is the confort module and my mechanic said is the alarm antenna but in the diagrams no appear any external antenna, I guess my be inserted inside the module.