Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!! 2002 TT Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM
1st Gear
Default NEED HELP PLEASE!!! 2002 TT Quattro

I am having a serious problem with my intercooler and I can't figure out what the problem is. Every time I drive it or even turn the key on, my intercooler makes a weird, loud sucking noise. It almost sounds like boiling water and then it makes the sucking noise. I looked under the hood and I touched a hose going from the intercooler to something else and it vibrates really bad and that's the hose where the noise is coming from. It stops making the noise after 5-10 minutes of the car running. Please help?! Also while I'm here, I just had to change my cv axle because my left front drivers side was popping when I turned the wheel. The boot was severely damaged so I figured that is what it was. I just changed it and its still popping like it was before. Could it be the sway bar bushings, tie rod ends, or what? And last, any idea how to reset the oil indicator light? I just changed the oil and the light is still flashing and beeping at me. Sorry that I sound so ignorant, I'm still kinda new to German technology lol. Thanks for any help!

Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 AM
1st Gear

UPDATE: I think the sucking noise is actually the air pump right above the intercooler. Not for sure though. Also, I think the thumping has to do with my haldex or rear differential. I tried clicking my E-brake on one click just so the car thinks its on and it barely made a thumping noise from under the car. I then got home and took out fuse #31 (haldex fuse) and it makes no thumping noise at all anymore. So my next step is servicing haldex and rear differential.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:24 AM
1st Gear

that noise you're hearing is probably the afterrun coolant pump, It is also common to hear one of the cooling fans run. i don't have any experience with quattro models so i can't help you with your popping noise. Your intercoolers are underneath the headlights and are not visable without removing the bumper cover. They are nothing more than air to air radiators and have no moving parts. i have read horror stories about the haldex system. good luck, glad mine is a fwd

Last edited by Clrwatrtom; 06-30-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:33 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Clrwatrtom
that noise you're hearing is probably the afterrun coolant pump, It is also common to hear one of the cooling fans run. i don't have any experience with quattro models so i can't help you with your popping noise. Your intercoolers are underneath the headlights and are not visable without removing the bumper cover. They are nothing more than air to air radiators and have no moving parts. i have read horror stories about the haldex system. good luck, glad mine is a fwd
Thanks, that helps alot! Maybe I can get that part fixed. I am a little worried about the haldex situation. I guess we will see what happens:/