Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Avatar/ profile pic help!!

Everytime I try and upload an avatar or the profile picture it always says "File too large" They are smaller than everyone elses on here and I even used photobuckets avatar feature and it didn't work. Does anyone have any insite so i can have a cool picture on here instead of nothing. Help me!! I attached the avatar size...

Old 02-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Avatar/ profile pic help!!

you need it down to 25kb. even shrinking that pic i only got it to 38kb

Take another pic with lower quality

Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

I don't have a crappy camera... so that's not an option... I suppose i could take one with my phone...lol

Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm make believe

you cant alter the amount of mpix used? Just turn them down some until you can make it 145x145 and 25kb

Old 02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

it's times like these that I wish I knew how to use photoshop better. I'm nearly positive you can lower the quality of pictures in photoshop. I have photoshop and if you want me to check I will, but right now is dinner time. I'll check when I get back

Old 02-13-2008, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

thanks... that would be great. Everyone and their mom knows how to photoshop and here I am a tech savy computer guy and I don't even have photoshop nor do I know how to change the quality or anything. Maybe i should download photoshop and start playing with it cuz everyone has sweetass pics of their cars with text and backgrounds...

Old 02-13-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

haha sad thing is that I have like the expensive full-fledged version and I have no idea how to use it so I'm kind of in the same boat... if you really want a good version: look up bittorrent or any other program that can download .torrent files. They're really good, though a bit questionable legality-wise. And just in case you get hunted down for downloading a program slightly illegally because of what I just said, it totally isn't my fault and you did it on your own. haha just had to say that.

alright I'm gonna figure out if I can lower quality now, I'll be back in a min. or hour depending on how stumped I get

Old 02-13-2008, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear

one sec send me the full picture ill do it for you =) just post the entire pic here

Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

it says it's to large to load...lol. This sucks. I do have bittorrent and will look into the photoshop. Thank you red sapphire for trying to help me. The avatar is all i have to work with I guess. I guess i'll just be boring. Or if someone really wants, they can hook me up with a pic of a stock Red Audi TT quattro 225HP 2001 and i'll just use that since it looks the same as my car!!

Old 02-13-2008, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Agnt008

it says it's to large to load...lol. This sucks. I do have bittorrent and will look into the photoshop. Thank you red sapphire for trying to help me. The avatar is all i have to work with I guess. I guess i'll just be boring. Or if someone really wants, they can hook me up with a pic of a stock Red Audi TT quattro 225HP 2001 and i'll just use that since it looks the same as my car!!
worked for me look at my avatar now here try this
save and use this picture
or save it from my avatar hurry up so i can change mine back and not look like you...

Quick Reply: Avatar/ profile pic help!!