AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi TT
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Welcome to Audi Forums!
Welcome to Audi Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2008, 01:56 AM
2nd Gear

Default BRAKE light flashing and then 3 beeps.

Just happened over the last couple of days. Everytime I go over a bumpy part inthe road or accelerate up an inclinethe e-brake light has been been flashing several times with a subsequent beeping 3 times. I searched all over the web and found referencesto a bad abs controller, but I don't have the abs light on that other people were experiencing with the same issue. I vag-com'd and got no codes on theengine or abs controllers. Could it just be that I need new pads? I read that when the pads get worn it causes the fluid level in the brake reservoir to drop which can causea light. Well, it makes sense to me.Anyone had a similar issue?

Ian

TT 225 Silver/Black
Red calipers, Forge Black 007p, n75j, Autometer Pro-Comp UL Boost Gauge, 18x8's, Neuspeed Sports with Koni Yellows :-)
Old 02-14-2008, 02:24 AM
4th Gear

Points: 9,019, Level: 63 Points: 9,019, Level: 63 Points: 9,019, Level: 63
Level up: 90%, 31 Points needed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Daily Activity: 2.9%
Daily Activity: 2.9% Daily Activity: 2.9% Daily Activity: 2.9%
Send a message via AIM to ouTTie914
Default RE: BRAKE light flashing and then 3 beeps.

Haven't had that problem, but wouldn't it be easier to just take a look at your brake fluid level and pads?
When I read your post the first thing that I thought of was a loose e-brake cable...

Regardless, I wouldn't waste any time in resolving this issue. Your brakes are a major safety device ya know!

Silver is better, because it's FASTER!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:33 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ouTTie914

Haven't had that problem, but wouldn't it be easier to just take a look at your brake fluid level and pads?
When I read your post the first thing that I thought of was a loose e-brake cable...

Regardless, I wouldn't waste any time in resolving this issue. Your brakes are a major safety device ya know!
Can't check in the dark :-) But I will first thing in the morning. I doubt it's the e-brake cable cause of the beeps and flashing of the light.
I also just looked in the manual. It says that when the brake light comes on there is an audible warning (beeps). I'm thinking the rear pads have worn out. I know the front are practically new and dust like crazy, but I have no idea about the rears. I have no idea about the previous maintenance of this car so i'm definitely going to do this right.

TT 225 Silver/Black
Red calipers, Forge Black 007p, n75j, Autometer Pro-Comp UL Boost Gauge, 18x8's, Neuspeed Sports with Koni Yellows :-)
Old 02-14-2008, 02:34 AM
2nd Gear

Points: 7,847, Level: 59 Points: 7,847, Level: 59 Points: 7,847, Level: 59
Level up: 49%, 103 Points needed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Daily Activity: 5.5%
Daily Activity: 5.5% Daily Activity: 5.5% Daily Activity: 5.5%

I've had that problem, like becca said try checking out the brake fluid. Just top it off some of the good stuff like pentosin or oem stuff whatever it may be.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:36 AM
2nd Gear

Cool thanks. I was planning on doing the brakes soon anyway, but looks like sooner is better than later!

TT 225 Silver/Black
Old 02-14-2008, 02:36 AM

Tags
2000, a4, a6, abs, audi, beep, beeps, blinking, brake, flash, flashes, flashing, light, tt, warning