Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

BRAKE light flashing and then 3 beeps.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear
Default BRAKE light flashing and then 3 beeps.

Just happened over the last couple of days. Everytime I go over a bumpy part inthe road or accelerate up an inclinethe e-brake light has been been flashing several times with a subsequent beeping 3 times. I searched all over the web and found referencesto a bad abs controller, but I don't have the abs light on that other people were experiencing with the same issue. I vag-com'd and got no codes on theengine or abs controllers. Could it just be that I need new pads? I read that when the pads get worn it causes the fluid level in the brake reservoir to drop which can causea light. Well, it makes sense to me.Anyone had a similar issue?

Ian

Old 02-14-2008, 01:24 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: BRAKE light flashing and then 3 beeps.

Haven't had that problem, but wouldn't it be easier to just take a look at your brake fluid level and pads?
When I read your post the first thing that I thought of was a loose e-brake cable...

Regardless, I wouldn't waste any time in resolving this issue. Your brakes are a major safety device ya know!

Old 02-14-2008, 01:33 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ouTTie914

Haven't had that problem, but wouldn't it be easier to just take a look at your brake fluid level and pads?
When I read your post the first thing that I thought of was a loose e-brake cable...

Regardless, I wouldn't waste any time in resolving this issue. Your brakes are a major safety device ya know!
Can't check in the dark :-) But I will first thing in the morning. I doubt it's the e-brake cable cause of the beeps and flashing of the light.
I also just looked in the manual. It says that when the brake light comes on there is an audible warning (beeps). I'm thinking the rear pads have worn out. I know the front are practically new and dust like crazy, but I have no idea about the rears. I have no idea about the previous maintenance of this car so i'm definitely going to do this right.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear

I've had that problem, like becca said try checking out the brake fluid. Just top it off some of the good stuff like pentosin or oem stuff whatever it may be.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:36 AM
2nd Gear

Cool thanks. I was planning on doing the brakes soon anyway, but looks like sooner is better than later!