Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Climate control diagnostic - "15.3 -Air Flow Flap Motor Potentiometer, sporadic open"

Old 06-24-2015, 01:22 AM
1st Gear
Question Climate control diagnostic - "15.3 -Air Flow Flap Motor Potentiometer, sporadic open"

Hi guys,

My A/C is not running (not blowing cold air) and so first step I decided to try and pull some codes. The only actual code I got was the 15.3 code noted above. I searched and found a lot of references to it, but no actual fix.

Going through the other settings, I found that the 4c reading for the fresh air intake duct sensor was 20 degrees lower than the actual temp and the interior temp sensor reading was 37 degrees higher than the actual temp.

Am I dealing with a couple bad sensors?

One other thing I discovered.. I checked the pressure on the low side port to try and see if perhaps I needed refrigerant. It was WAY higher than expected (something like 70-80 psi). Is it possible the PO overfilled it trying to get it to blow cold? If so, would that cause the A/C to stop working completely? Should I just vent this out to prevent any damage that hasn't already occurred?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. This is my first Audi and it's got several issues I have already addressed and more on the list.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

160+ views and no replies?

I did search and I found lots of threads about pulling the codes, but not much on actually doing anything with them.

Is there a better message forum for this type of question?

Old 06-29-2015, 08:01 PM
1st Gear
Question a/c blowing hot air

was driving a/c blowing cold. I switched the vents, then hot air started coming out. checked fuses, all good. fans on. clutch on compressor not engaged.