Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Driver's Side Door Window Does Not Drop Down By 5mm On My Audi TT (Mark 1)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:31 AM
1st Gear
Default Driver's Side Door Window Does Not Drop Down By 5mm On My Audi TT (Mark 1)

Hi All,

Help.... My driver's side window no longer drops down by 5mm when the door is opened. At first this problem was intermittent, however now it simply never drops when the door is open. My local rip off Audi dealer wants £100+vat in order to investigate the problem (do they not know there is a credit crunch!).

However I am pretty certain it must be the micro switch in the handle assembly. Have been told that the switch can not be sold separately, as it comes as part of the assembly and costs £80. I would very much appreciate any advice or direction.

Kind regards

Chris

Old 12-16-2008, 03:47 PM

did you try resetting it by rolling the window all the way up .then let go of the switch. pull the which up again and hold it for about 5 seconds. let go and open the door to verify the operation worked. try it a couple of times if it does not work right away.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:11 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the advice precision TT I tried this method a few times this morning and no joy :-(

Now thinking it might be a problem with the mircoswitch or sensor.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 PM
2nd Gear
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
1st Gear
Default It worked!!!

Originally Posted by precision tt
did you try resetting it by rolling the window all the way up .then let go of the switch. pull the which up again and hold it for about 5 seconds. let go and open the door to verify the operation worked. try it a couple of times if it does not work right away.
Thanks for the information, I have just had my TT back after a total respray and the window did not drop when opening the door, tried your reset procedure and it worked a treat, thanks again........Merlin C

Old 02-15-2016, 08:37 AM
1st Gear

Hi - just wanted to say the reset process just worked on my TT drivers door - thanks for posting it

Old 03-28-2016, 06:14 AM
1st Gear

Didn't work on mine. I'm bummed.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

Is your interior light also not turning on when you open that door?

Old 05-01-2016, 11:17 PM
1st Gear
Default No interior light, no window drop

Originally Posted by jjt1234
Is your interior light also not turning on when you open that door?
Sorry about the slow reply. No, it doesn't turn on. Opening the passenger door drops the window and turns on the light, driver door does neither. What does that mean?

Old 05-02-2016, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

That means you'll need to take the door panel off, get to the locking mechanism, and replace the micro switch. There are some really good threads either on this forum or the other one (AudiWorld.com). They have pictures and links on where to buy them (ebay (from china). They are cheap and also there are ones for the left door which are different frome the one you need (right door). I think if you look at all my post you'll find the link. Its not a hard job, but you have to go slow. I actually epoxied my swith in place just to make sure it didn't move from its correct position. Works great.

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Door Window Does Not Drop Down By 5mm On My Audi TT (Mark 1)