Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

fuel door and trunk lid not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Default fuel door and trunk lid not working

the other day, my wife tried to add gas to my TT......she noticed that my fuel door and trunk lid buttons are not working.......there is no one fuse that controls both, that would be to easy....any other suggestions?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

Do this.

Open your door. Press the interior sensor button. If the light goes on, the button assembly is fine. I have never heard of these going out, so it must be some sort of glitch.

Manually (w/o using the remote) lock and unlock the doors a few times and try the gas button again.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

Had the same thing happen to me. Stick the key in the driver door, lock and unlock several times then try again. Worked for me. Think it has something to do with the door lock mechanism control thing-a-ma-gig, but it works.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:53 AM
1st Gear

Yeah...that's what I meant.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

It's called the Key Dance - works every time

Old 05-07-2009, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

ok, when I read the response, I thought it was a joke......but, what the h$%%....I did it and it worked!! thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!! so does my TT!!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

Dude, with all the problems, weird solutions, and quirks this car has I bet you could fart in the tailpipe and it would inflate the airbag.

Don't take anything for granted.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Neiman45
Dude, with all the problems, weird solutions, and quirks this car has I bet you could fart in the tailpipe and it would inflate the airbag.

Don't take anything for granted.
LOL.....
These cars are full of glitches.
Upon starting my car the other day, I got a beep and the dash showed ABS, EPC, and a blinking Brake Light. I turned the car off and back on again, and it went away. This happened one time before with the same solution. The automatic windows also sometimes have a mind of their own.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:28 AM
1st Gear

Yep. Same thing here. Last night tried to put the window up. All dash lights came on, tach and speedo went to 0, and date/time reset, all @ 40 mph...car was running fine...I was like WTF?

Old 05-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Default Not a Glitch

I dont remember why they made that an option on the TT. But its actually an anti theft mehcanism, so people cant just break into your trunk or steal your gas. It's wierd I know, but at least your **** cant get jacked. Hes right though, lock your doors and use a key to unlock it. And if your fart it a tail pipe I hope the exhaust goes up your ***, cause that'd be funny.

Quick Reply: fuel door and trunk lid not working