Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hesitating During Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Hesitating During Acceleration

not sure about 300+cfm. Head flow #'s

now you can see why honda's make so much power.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Hm its a big port head....thats what they were telling me...and well i believed becuase i didnt realize how little 4 cyl heads flowed.... I actually thought i t was kinda low considering my Canfield all head sfor my camaro flow 325 intake302 exhuast after custom port work. Smaller engine less air i suppose lol

Old 06-07-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm make believe

Well Don R works with some amazing people and im sure he could take a Big port out to that. Bob Q probably did it in like his stage whatever head.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

So this problem has now turned into the car stalling. I can be driving and the car will loses power. Two lights come on in the tach area. One says EPC and the other I believe is the traction control. The car revs but doesn't accelerate. If I turn the car off and back on I can drive again. I'm taking it to the shop today so I will get there opinion.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:53 AM

Hi all

I have just done a headgasket/manifold gasket job on my audi 80 1992 (158 thousand miles)carb version(which supprised me as i thought it was injection)

right i did the nasty job because she was leaking from cylinders 2-3 but with very little sign of mayo and running fine bar alittle underpower'`d with a strange airplane noise as you throttle up and drive which differs in tone as you drive under differant throttle positions(sounds like fairly normal engine noise(used to have a volvo 480 that made this noise but that was deffo the normal noise)hopefully

before the gaskets i had no throttle hesitation at all but since its been done i can drive along and it will feel like someone holding onto the backend then letting go ??this happens through all drivng speed ranges(from pulling away to normal 50-60mph driving conditions)

i remember seeing a breather hose with an inch slit in it but this doesnt look new and it didnt cause any probs before so can it really cause this kind of power loss as it idles at 900/1000 rpms fine(more checks today)

when i was cleaning the carb (while running)it had a moment where it picked up in rpms like it just got rid of a block and it sounded like it should normally run that well!!

o2 sensor is new

air filter is dirty but not eccessive(would this have that bigger effect??

i have only had this car a week and i brought it knowing it needed the head done(well i asked if it had mayo and he said no(it did)plus he said 114 thou but states on clock 158 thou(wasn't too bother'd as the paint is in very good con!!!!

its a 2l manual

he basically ran it without caring and it needs a total overhaul really but this new prob wasn't here before

gonna do plugs as one bridge looked closer than the others(three bridge per spark plug?)
fuel filter
air(with maybe cone but depends if i rid this issue first)
coil

ive done headgaskets before and if the gasket didnt seat it would be evident as most ive had have gone through the coolant bottle(turn over and pressure sends water up and out type of thing)
water getting into the wrong area

this car turns fine and idles fine and after the work it just fired straight upunlike a volvo i have once(340)which had to be dragged up the road to start)

could even the coolant thermostat do this,? as i think its a dud and is stuck open or alittle,the car runs at 60deg or 70 but most times its lower.(since job its 50-60-70 degress)before it either didnt register at all or got around 50 degrees and back down??

il keep you posted when i can afford to replace bits etc and which one cures it,but any ideas welcome

cheers all

any ideas anyone?please

Old 02-18-2008, 05:12 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Blown87camaro
Hey man,
You can go to USP but they will charge u a s#$t load of money..... they quoted me 950.00 to do the timing belt.... autodreams only 620.00. And you better like APR if you go to usp becuase thats ALL they will work on or sell you. Im getting my big turbo done by gregg at autodreams.
I like USP however Chris doesn't give anything away. He has to pay for all that overhead, and his new toys.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

whats with people bumping old threads recently?????

beachchair - yes, chris is the best in the area. on the sflmkv.com forum all they do is argue between his shop and auto dreamz. chris has experience building racing carsand certified mechanics. he gets all my work now and im glad to pay alittle bit more on the hourly to know im getting it done right.