Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Looking at purchasing an audi TT

Old 05-11-2011, 02:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Looking at purchasing an audi TT

Hey guys I'm new to the audi world. I'm a 22 yr old whos looking to make the plunge into his first nice car and have been wooed by the audi tt's.. the brilliant black to be exact.. I'm finding some good offers in my local town but am stuck between which one I want. There's some good CPO 2008 that go for around 25-30k... but a brand new 2011 is 37k.. now what i'm here is to ask you guys what the main difference is between these.. obviously the body style has not seem to changed too much or maybe it has? is the body style the exact same comparing the 2008-09 to the '11s? what are some other differences?

Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 AM
1st Gear

The biggest dif..you can no longer get the 3.2 which I believe ended in 2009 and there have been subtle changes made to the front grill in 2011. There is also S- line bumper (more aggressive than the base TT) and the TTs which is turbo ..side sills and dif bumper and wing mirrors(brushed chrome look) you might want to go on the Audi sites or even google images.....Good luck in your purchase.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Americo
The biggest dif..you can no longer get the 3.2 which I believe ended in 2009 and there have been subtle changes made to the front grill in 2011. There is also S- line bumper (more aggressive than the base TT) and the TTs which is turbo ..side sills and dif bumper and wing mirrors(brushed chrome look) you might want to go on the Audi sites or even google images.....Good luck in your purchase.
i'm guessing this is your audi in the pics... loving it man how do you like it ? theyve got an '08 black tt for 27000.. with only 30 k on it... trying to think if itd be worth it to make the plunge to buy a brand new for 10 k more. what did you mean by the turbo? are the '11s a lot faster.. i know they're liek 11 more hp.. but that's not much of a difference is it?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

The TTS is supposedly a pocket rocket ..and more precise in road feel. I wouldn't know I have never driven one. Also the TT 2.0 or 1.8(not sure) has the turbo. I love my TT and yes that is my car in the pics. Have never needed any more power but I can tell you when I kick down the gas pedal and open it up the v6 sounds fn fantastic! It drives as well as I need it to and the exhaust note is really music to my ears (specially with the top down). If you can, try to drive both cars and that will give you an idea. I knew the minute I drove this one that I was leaving the dealership with it. I was lucky enough to get one with every option so I can not say I long for anything else seeing as it had every thing the TTs comes with ie.. mag ride, audi exclusive leather blah blah blah. It really does matter that you get what you want so drive them both and then see which has all of the toys u want in it. Good luck! All I can say is I am very happy with my car and have been for 3 years now ...a very solid car with extreme German engineering. Love It!

Old 05-26-2011, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

For 2011 the TT added the 2.0TFSI engine that changed the car from being 200hp/207lb/ft to 211hp/258lb/ft. A very noticeable difference when driving. Led to 0-60 times dropping around 3/10ths of a second. The front wheel drive option has now been eliminated (gone for a couple years now), the front bumper trim is now gloss black instead of matte and LED running lamps are now standard equipment. Also, with the S-line for 2011 you get the same front lower fascia and side skirts as the TTS. Great additions all around in my opinion. Good luck finding one, it's a wonderful car and will provide lots of great times!